User Titles
Jun 21, 2001 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59
The user titles (based on number of posts) is tentatively set as follows:

Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
Member (Minimum Posts: 10)
100+ Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
500+ Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
1000+ Member (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Headphoneus Supremus (Minimum Posts: 1500)

Jun 22, 2001 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 59
Jude, I vote that you automatically receive the coveted Headphoneus Supremus title for helping hundreds of loyal followers to avoid withdrawal symptoms. It could of gotten real ugly.

Jun 22, 2001 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 59
poor neruda, he's gotta start from scratch again.

oh wait... he's moderator now. how'd that happen?

how does one go about getting amoderator position?
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2001 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 59
[size=xx-small]ugh, I had twice that many posts on Headwize and I didn't get a special title...[/size]

Oh, by the way, yes I will be complaining about this for the rest of my earthly days.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2001 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 59
YAY, this is my 100th post, I get a new user title
smily_headphones1.gif
!

I'm so excited, I've waited for this day since....well since Head-Fi first started, which really wasn't that long ago.

I can't wait until the next big step at 500, although that may take a while longer because I'll be back at school when that happens, and won't be able to maintain my avg. posts per day like I can when I'm at work, ha ha, I bet my boss would love to hear that one.

Jul 27, 2001 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 59
Because you have a custom title, the 100+ bit doesn't happen automatically... it'll happen the next time Jude sees that you're over 100
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2001 at 5:40 PM Post #12 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by grrr223
Cool, thanks Jude.

This place is awesome.

No problem at all. You are hereby fixed. I tried to think of a new custom title to give you, but the image of your handiwork is still fresh in my mind, so I couldn't bring myself to change it!

Also, folks, someone did suggest that we try to come up with some clever default titles, given that 100+, 500+, etc. really isn't too creative (you can thank me for those bland default titles
tongue.gif
).

Any ideas?

The current default titles are:

Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
Member (Minimum Posts: 10)
100+ Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
500+ Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
1000+ Member (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Headphoneus Supremus (Minimum Posts: 1500)

Jul 27, 2001 at 5:46 PM Post #13 of 59
Ha ha, thanks.

I actually haven't done any more work on that amp since those pictures were taken. So far I'm just satisfied that the pretty blue light works. I also haven't felt like going through the hassle of acquiring the necessary op-amps. I think i'm just going to get someone on here to build me one, I've found a few people so far, now it's just a matter of budget and deciding whether or not I want to get a more expensive amp.

I think the other reason for the interuption in the construction of my amp was that my mom made me clean off the table in our tv room because I was using it as a work bench, and I haven't gotten around to pulling all those parts out again.

So, how does it feel now that you've hit the big 5 0 0?
Do you feel better than everyone else because you're the only one here with that many posts?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2001 at 5:50 PM Post #14 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by grrr223
So, how does it feel now that you've hit the big 5 0 0?
Do you feel better than everyone else because you're the only one here with that many posts?
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I asked my wife if I could celebrate the big 5 0 0 by picking up a new set of Stax Omega 2's, but she didn't seem to think that 500 posts was occasion enough to do so. So, no, I'm still feeling like the rest of ya!

wink.gif

I guess I'll celebrate this milestone by bringing my Caig ProGold and DeOxit to the office to ProGold and DeOxit'ize all the connections on my office headphone rig. Oh yes, I do know how to party!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back