Useless thread: What's your first name?
Aug 20, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #34 of 80
Chris is my first name, along with 10 other kids in my class...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 20, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #36 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Wolfgang.

Ya, and my name is Elvis.
biggrin.gif

Wayne

Aug 20, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #38 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
mark samuel

kai, is it ng?

i'm an Ng!
biggrin.gif

it was extremely frustrating at first day of school each year when the teacher is taking a roll call, and pause for an uncomfortably long time, trying to decide how to pronounce my last name. worse is when everybody else in class hears the mispronunciation and makes fun of it... eh, one gets used to it. :/

anyway, my full name: Wai Bong Ng.
told you guys i'm not a pothead, "Bong" really is my middle name.
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #39 of 80
I am surprised that there haven't already been several posts with my same first name:

Ryan

I was once in a class where there were 4 of the 20 students named Ryan... and one was a girl. Pretty odd to... I am Ryan Fall, she was Ryan Ball. That caused a lot of confusion.

Better yet, lets add meanings of peoples first names to this thread if people know it... mine means "little king", and you might call me that over my RV and Mobile home park that I run! (other than the "little" part....)

Aug 20, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #40 of 80
William, after my father, who was named . . .

William after his father, who was named . . .

William after his father, who was named . . .

for someboy named McKinley, who came to a bad end!

Three generations, and all it netted me was a Roman numeral - III. An improvident breed.
biggrin.gif

BW

Aug 20, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #41 of 80
thanh. in english it's supposingly pronounced like "tang" the juice. people call me "tangster", "tangarang", "tangmaster". its friggin annoying as hell.

whenever american people call my name they always get it wrong. everyone litterally say my name differently, and i have to get use to response to all of them.

and the last name is nguyen. people misspell my name like crazy, to something i dont even recognize.

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:20 AM Post #43 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
the last name is nguyen. people misspell my name like crazy, to something i dont even recognize.

yeah... i get those too, especially junk mail. you wouldn't believe what kind of contraptions they come up with. how are they supposed to sell me something if they didn't even have the decency to get my name right?

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #44 of 80
Buck. Buck Naked

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #45 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
whenever american people call my name they always get it wrong. everyone litterally say my name differently, and i have to get use to response to all of them

my last name is Mejia (pronounced Ma-Hee-Ya, it's Mexican), which is also almost always pronounced wrong by everyone... Whenever we get a phone call "hello, is mr. me-jah there?" we know it's a telemarketer... but getting phone calls in spanish is always fun
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back