Used CDs - OrphanedCDs.com Review
Mar 1, 2008 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LDMES

100+ Head-Fier
I must admit I wasn't the best at keeping CDs in great shape in the past and there are several CDS I wanted better copies of to burn to FLAC.
I did a search for a particular cd and google gave me several options...including the familiar Amazon option, but near the top of the list was this online site called OrphanedCDs.com and so I went and check the site out. The prices were very reasonable and then as a sceptic who usually as a general rule has bought things new (that was until I found Head-Fi), I did some research of the company online and from what I could read they had a good reputation. So I decided to buy several CDS and see for myself. I got my cart filled and then checked out. When I submitted my payment, I got a reponce saying that my billing address didn't match the one the bank had on file (which it does, arghh), and that the order did not go through. The webpage it brought me to was an empty shopping cart, and no way to complete the order, so I went and checked my credit card and sure enought there was a hold on it for this purchase. I wasn't sure what to do and so I almost placed a duplicate order with a different card and a big "Do Not Duplicate this Order" note, but then I decided to call them. The Online Store is the web version of the Store in LA that is in the back of a tailoring shop. I got the owner and he took my name and was able to find the order and then told me not to worry and give him the credit card number I had used so there wouldn't be any double charges or more importantly holds on my creit card, and he would get the order out to me. He was very nice to deal with, and after talking with him on the phone I felt a little easier in the purchase.
I selected the media mail shipping option that was free as I spent over $40. I placed the order on Wednesday at 6:30pm EST. Today I got a package at my doorstep
biggrin.gif
and it was the CDs I ordered. They are in great shape...like new (actually one was still in its orginal packaging - never opened). I am now in the process of getting them ripped to FLAC. I definitely will look at their site first when looking to purchase more CDs.
biggrin.gif

This is one purchase that has made me very happy and I wanted to pass this on in case someone else is looking for a good place to get Used CDs online.

(BIG DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH OrphanedCDs.com AND AM NOT GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN FOR THIS REVIEW. JUST A HAPPY CUSTOMER.)

Mar 2, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 3
I've used a similar company called secondspin.com who are mroe than happy to deliver to the UK. All the albums I've had from them have been as if they were new and to save postage they shipped just the CDs and inserts (I have plenty of empty jewel cases to refill).

Also have no affiliation with secondspin.com, in case you ask.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back