Used CDs online?
Aug 16, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 20
ebay. But unless your looking for the new charge cds you can probably find them as cheep new. In Europe you can usually get it pretty cheep at either cdon.com or cd-wow.com, but your in the states, so it dosen't really matter
wink.gif

Second spin is just fine btw. I like them. In Co. they were all over the place. As far as I remeber there was at least two in Boulder, but I might be wrong.

Aug 16, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 20
I have bought many many CDs used from Half.com, which is now owned by eBay. Occasionally jewel cases are cracked in shipping, but I have never recieved a bad CD. You should, however, be careful to check the vendor's rating, just like ebay.

Amazon.com. I just purchased my first used disc from Amazon via their "Amazon Marketplace". No problems. Just search for a disc and then when you go to that disc's page click on the link that says "X used and new from $x.xx".

-Z

Aug 18, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 20
I have bought hundreds of used cd's at Borders.com and I have yet to have a bad experience. However I usually buy from used cd vendors that have substantial feedback. Two that have given me exception service are caiman.com and wherehouse.com, both accessed through Borders.com.

MJ

Aug 18, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #10 of 20
I've gotten both used CDs and DVDs from Spun.com and everything has always been in excellent condition. If you have some items lying around to sell to them, it's convenient to trade them in. I do that pretty frequently, I just wait until I have 3 items to trade in (they send a free postage-paid label when you sell 3 items and buy something else). Prices can sometimes be had for shockingly low prices! (depends on your item)

Djangos.com is pretty good too, although I had 2 bad experiences - one a fatally scratched CD, the other some damage in shipping probably (cracked case and CD). You can trade in items now, I haven't tried it yet. The site just implemented it recently (my last order with them was last year).

Aug 18, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 20
Although I haven't purchased from Half.com in a long time, I did have good luck when I did buy from there. I also sold a few there. The one time I did get a CD that wasn't as advertised (sold as SACD but not an SACD) I had no trouble returning it and getting a refund. It was a positive experience.

I have had good luck with Amazon buying used.

I've looked around at Second Spin, but never found what I was looking for.

Oct 21, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #13 of 20
I recently tried to order from secondspin and djangos with a twist: I ordered from overseas.

Django has issues: one of the items I ordered was not shipped as if they had nothing in stock but then again weeks after my unfulfilled order, their website was still claiming that the item was stocked. Go figure! They didn't contact me or anything: they silently removed the cost of the item (but not the whole shipping charge!) from what they billed me.
The international shipping for one or two items is OK though and they often ship items separately at no extra cost (good for going through customs without charge).

Secondspin has no such issue: if you put an item in your shopping cart, it's immediately removed from their stock. Also, when they don't have it in stock, the CD (or artist if they have none of their stuff in stock) doesn't show up in searches. That's a nice touch IMO: with Djangos, you sometimes need to search through pages of results when they have virtually nothing in stock.
The international shipping is cheap if you order many items and I ordered when they offered free shipping anyway (also valid for international customers). This week they had 25% discount on all CDs... it seems they're constantly offering promotions.
There was a inconsequential mix-up with one of the items and customer service was responsive to the issue.
None of the 10+ CDs I ordered were scratched beyond repair and most were in pretty good condition actually.
Overall, I'd definitely recommend secondspin.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #15 of 20
Most of my used stuff is through Amazon Marketplace. I have had nothing but good luck with the vendors, with one exception, and I've ordered *hundreds.*

The exception is django's! Yes, they are (or were) an Amazon Marketplace vendor, and they were awful! I left them several pieces of bad feedback on Amazon (I was refunded BY Amazon, django's never replied to my various emails).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back