Use wat to burn in?
Mar 13, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 12
how abt the volume? Max out?
eek.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 12
Just listen to music and let it happen. This "burn in" thing is becoming too big of a deal. I don't mean to stir up the debate over whether it happens, but EVERY piece of gear is usable straight out of the box. There's no need to put it aside for several hundred hours. If the manufacturer is telling you this is necessary, then there's no reason the manufacturer can't put together a burn in board for $200 or so to burn in components BEFORE building the amp.

So plug in your headphones and listen. I promise it will work fine and you will enjoy the music. Just use it and let whatever happens happen.

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listen to music and let it happen. This "burn in" thing is becoming too big of a deal. I don't mean to stir up the debate over whether it happens, but EVERY piece of gear is usable straight out of the box. There's no need to put it aside for several hundred hours. If the manufacturer is telling you this is necessary, then there's no reason the manufacturer can't put together a burn in board for $200 or so to burn in components BEFORE building the amp.

So plug in your headphones and listen. I promise it will work fine and you will enjoy the music. Just use it and let whatever happens happen.

QFT

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #7 of 12
to be honest, if you have paid for it, why not listen to it and enjoy those "burn in" hours?

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 12
You can have both: enjoy them during daytime and let them burn-in overnight
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 12
Pink Noise seems to do a good job.

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 12
Don't max out the volume. Set volume a bit higher than what you would consider loud when listening to your headsets. And yes, patience is needed. I got my new tube amp today, and it's been running a cd on repeat at 50% volume for the last 3 hours. So, only about 147 more to go ! (lol)

Just enjoy the gear and have a good time.

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 12
Use wat to burn in? How about a signal :-0

I'm with Uncle E and Boom unless your like me and have multiple portable rigs now and can have 1 playing, one ready and the 3rd one burnin' in! I have got to get a life:)

Mar 14, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunseeker888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't max out the volume. Set volume a bit higher than what you would consider loud when listening to your headsets. And yes, patience is needed. I got my new tube amp today, and it's been running a cd on repeat at 50% volume for the last 3 hours. So, only about 147 more to go ! (lol)

Just enjoy the gear and have a good time.

This is my strategy and I leave it burning in when not in use until I believe its stopped changing; I agree with the others. Of course I listen to it while its burning in every now and then, unless its something that sounds unattractive to you and you have something else, you should definitely put some quality time in while it burns in. It really is part of the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back