USB type-c to 4.4mm pentacon jack
Sep 27, 2020 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jcy06

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
Just recently got into Hi-Fi, almost complete beginner here. My first decent headphones are the Sony Z7M2, paired with a Denon DA-310 UBC amp connected to my computer. Really loving the detailed sound. I found that the Sonys are decent for using outside, and I have been using them outside when walking the dog. However, the included 3.5mm jack cable is 3 meters, so I loop them twice around a belt loop connected to an apple lightning dongle, so I look like a crazy person. The Sonys do come with a much shorter, roughly 1 meter 4.4 mm jack headphone cable as well, which I would like to start using instead when on the move.
So I have been looking for some dongles that can convert usb-c to 4.4mm, but I was wondering if these are balanced or not? And if they are any good? Could anyone with a similar experience maybe recommend a good DAC dongle for this?
Thanks.

May 18, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi guys,
Just recently got into Hi-Fi, almost complete beginner here. My first decent headphones are the Sony Z7M2, paired with a Denon DA-310 UBC amp connected to my computer. Really loving the detailed sound. I found that the Sonys are decent for using outside, and I have been using them outside when walking the dog. However, the included 3.5mm jack cable is 3 meters, so I loop them twice around a belt loop connected to an apple lightning dongle, so I look like a crazy person. The Sonys do come with a much shorter, roughly 1 meter 4.4 mm jack headphone cable as well, which I would like to start using instead when on the move.
So I have been looking for some dongles that can convert usb-c to 4.4mm, but I was wondering if these are balanced or not? And if they are any good? Could anyone with a similar experience maybe recommend a good DAC dongle for this?
Thanks.
There are some on Amazon but don’t know how good they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back