Usb type b to type c
Dec 8, 2020 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alota

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello. I have kg LG v30 connected to my Hugo th with an USB type b to type a cable and an otg adapter to type c. Yesterday I saw some cables type b to type c so I ordered one. In your opinion this cable works? Meaning this cable sends 5v? Thank you

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 7
It is not only the matter of which device is sending 5V, but which device becomes host and the other one sink. You still need OTG role reversal, as phones are normally configured as a sink. If it is not written OTG on the cable, I guess it won't work.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 7
It is not only the matter of which device is sending 5V, but which device becomes host and the other one sink. You still need OTG role reversal, as phones are normally configured as a sink. If it is not written OTG on the cable, I guess it won't work.
Thank you. I thought that otg was only about 5v. If i' m right the host is my phone? Well..i paid the cable 4€. I hope works

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 7
Thank you. I thought that otg was only about 5v. If i' m right the host is my phone? Well..i paid the cable 4€. I hope works
The phone is configured as a sink (like storage devices), so you can plug to the PC (which is always host) and transfer pictures or files to the PC. This is normal use. Hugo is a sink and sink cannot connect to the another sink. One must be a host. Special wiring of the phone connector is required to reverse functions, so the phone becomes host. It is called OTG.

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 7
The phone is configured as a sink (like storage devices), so you can plug to the PC (which is always host) and transfer pictures or files to the PC. This is normal use. Hugo is a sink and sink cannot connect to the another sink. One must be a host. Special wiring of the phone connector is required to reverse functions, so the phone becomes host. It is called OTG.
Understood. Thank you for explanation

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 7
Finally I received my USB type B to type C cable. Bought from Fasgear on aliexpress. Cost me 2.50 dollars. For those interested, the cable is otg so works perfectly without any adapter

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #7 of 7
I'm using a regular USB-C to USB-B cable to connect my Samsung Galaxy phone to my DAC. It works without problem.
New(er) Android versions can set your phone into host mode without the need of a specific OTG cable. All depends on your phone ofc :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back