USB soundcard for ~30$
Aug 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eldarnegrin

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Need a recommendation on a USB soundcard for gaming and music (all kinds - classical - pop - rock - jazz) so i can use it on my home and work computer (no problem with drivers - can install anywhere)
I'm not a super audiophile but I do care about quality and noise (background of playback, not isolation wise)

I own a pair of Sennheiser HD438 cans and another headset on the way Steelseries Siberia V2's for games and on the road/work for music.
Also a portable Fiio E5 amp.

my budget is around 30$ but if there's anything more say 40-50$ for a whole lot more in return - I'll hear it.
also, if an amp change is required - something around the same amount 20-30$.

thanks guys,
hope this is the right place for this.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 9
This should work: http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1345737536&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=behringer+uca202

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks a lot!

Sorry but i missed an important point.
I wanted to compare it to the siberia usb soundcard and I noticed that the steelseries unit has a mic input and control on it.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-usb-soundcard

is there any unit better than the steel series with the same specs?

if the SS unit is the only unit that has I will seriously consider the behringer, as it sounds far better for the same price.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 9
For every single option in this price range, you want to use the FiiO E5 with the sound card.

Creative X-Fi Go is a little better and smaller than the Behringer UCA202.  You can use it without installing Creative's drivers, or you can try it and see if there are any features there worth anything to you.
Amazon link

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 9
If you really need the mic input, you can go with the X-Fi Go which is fairly decent.

I'd suggest you still use your Fiio E5, since the E5's output impedance is much better than both devices (especially the UCA202 - to be honest it's quite horrible in regards to this).

Edit: Ninja'ed.
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Thanks a lot!

Sorry but i missed an important point.
I wanted to compare it to the siberia usb soundcard and I noticed that the steelseries unit has a mic input and control on it.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-usb-soundcard

is there any unit better than the steel series with the same specs?

if the SS unit is the only unit that has I will seriously consider the behringer, as it sounds far better for the same price.

Another one in the same ballpark with the same features is the Turtle Beach Amigo.

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Another one in the same ballpark with the same features is the Turtle Beach Amigo.

Haven't heard of Turtle Beach in quite a while; *checks their website*; Whatever happened to their full-sized sound cards? I remember stuff like the Montego, Santa Cruz... I know these are old, but I figured they would have newer models. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back