USB problems with D10
Oct 29, 2009 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Knack

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with my iBasso D10. When I plug it into my computer (USB, I don't have a Toslink adapter quite yet), neither my computer volume nor the volume knob on the D10 change the output volume at all.

If it helps, I'm using a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!
Knack

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 10
Problem solved!

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 10
So how did you fix it? Just in case others run into the same problem and can find the answer here instead of posting a new thread...

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 10
I thought I'd reply in this thread before I start a new one.

I've been trying to use my D10 as a DAC only with my Millet Hybrid amp. I've done this with success in the past, and lately, it's stopped working. I have the D10 plugged into my MacBook Pro via USB, and the D10 is hooked up to my Millet with a standard mini-jack to male RCAs. I turn on the D10, turn on the amp and...nothing. I have it selected in my System Prefs as the audio output too. I just bought an optical cable and new mini-jack to RCA cables from Monoprice, and it's still not working. Is the aux in/out jack fried? Also, the D10 still works as a standalone amp for my iPod.

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 10
So if you turn the D10 on and off and back on it still won't switch the aux to and output? But you can input from the iPod on the same in/out aux jack? Can you listen to the usb input from the output of the D10?

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 10
Turning the D10 on/off doesn't seem to do it; I can input from the iPod using the headphone out, not the aux in/out jack. Last I checked, using USB from my MacBook Pro directly to a pair of cans worked fine. I'll need to check again.

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 10
try turning on your D10 first with the lowest sound setting and then plugging in the aux input. I had some issues (i.e. near to 0 volume even at full) when plugging in my LOD first then turning on the D10. I realised that it would work if I plugged it in after. try that perhaps?

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 10
incorrect, but optical is almost always (almost) superior to USB with any of the PCM2707 type receivers and they are limited to 48khz, where optical will do 96khz. its not a matter of USB being not good; its a matter of optical being better. assumptions like that will get you nowhere in audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back