USB/MP3P review up on Dan'sData: "George" vs Muvo
Feb 14, 2003 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Squalish

500+ Head-Fier
Here.

"George," aka the MP-304, aka the MP3 player of a thousand names, wins in just about every category.

Feb 15, 2003 at 9:17 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm gonna post this here for the third time and let it rest afterwards.

It is a very bad one!!!!!!!

There's a thread on another forum I visit about this player. (Very similair, only the outside differs, same manufactuar) And about 30 owners there have nothing but trouble with this player.
You really don't want to buy it.

Feb 15, 2003 at 10:01 AM Post #4 of 9
Good! Cause I just bought a Muvo 128MB and love it...
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Lisa
I'm gonna post this here for the third time and let it rest afterwards.

It is a very bad one!!!!!!!

There's a thread on another forum I visit about this player. (Very similair, only the outside differs, same manufactuar) And about 30 owners there have nothing but trouble with this player.
You really don't want to buy it.

Could I get a link to this other discussion?

Feb 18, 2003 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Squalish
Could I get a link to this other discussion?

Sure, but it's in Dutch and has 873 posts. That's the reason I didn't put a link in my post the first time.

They pre ordered it so half of the post are on waiting for it to arrive.

here is the full thread

here is where the first person begins to have problems with it
At this point everyone else is still seems happy with it. More than half of the people are still waiting on delivery.

they find out that these two players are the sameBy now most of them have the player.
Altough they already complain about the huge hiss they find a solution. They only listen in loud envirioments. And using earphones with a volume controll. Putting the player at full volume and controlling the volume only with the volume controll of the earphones. Senns become populair cause of the 32 ohm which apparently reduces the hiss over 16ohm impedance.

here the bigger problems start to begin. Formatting it every time it freezes up. the settings.dat gets lost. I don't know settings.dat it is, but it needs to be there for the player to work. Also, when it's lost you have to make one yourself but sometimes formatting can help too.

Then they discover that the hold button doesn't work.
The random play is not random
Personal settings aren't being remembered.
The thing crashes a lot and it takes all night to get it going again (if you are a computer nerd)

more problems
One person already has swopt it for another player (other brand) and now two others want their money back. With one of them it was already his second (duex) player. He now owns an iPod.

Enjoy
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 9
I go to dansdata.com regularly, like his humor
smily_headphones1.gif
Although he has been putting up nothing but letters recently
redface.gif

I just saw George today, he sure looks cool
biggrin.gif

You have to wonder how these reviews can miss ALL THOSE PROBLEMS?
confused.gif

And if the permanent EQ thing about the MuVo is true, no way I'm gonna buy that either!
eek.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back