USB Indigo?
Jul 21, 2003 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

audioNEWB

New Head-Fier
hey i was wondering, are there any external sound card like the indigo (yeah I know there's the Sonica, but i don't want an amp right now) and is similar to the sonica, but doesn't have a line-out? thanks

Jul 21, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 6
I assume you mean, has a headphone out?
wink.gif

There are the PowerWave and Creative MP3+. Don't know about the quality of either.

Jul 21, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 6
This belongs in the sources forum.
-Mag

Aug 7, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Just picked up the outboard Creative MP3+. $59. I was hoping that it would make my workplace (presently onboard dell sound (yamaha psx) listening more enjoyable. Reasonable, yes?

I need more time, but initial listening tells me that it's going back to Best Buy.

The creative mediasource player (eax, etc) sounds quite wretched compared to winamp (2.83) with either waveout or directsound. I only pray that it will come out without me having to zorch the harddrive. feh.

The Creative USB MP3+ sounds more flat, muddied, and less articulate than the onboard.

It could very well be a function of amplification / and I need more time. Initial listening through Grado 125's.

Aug 7, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Since this thread started, the M-Audio Transit has been released. It's like the Sonica, but with input and headphone out (so amp not essential to convert the line level).

EDIT: I'd double check with M-Audio though as the line out and headphone out are the same jack. Specs say headphone out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back