USB Galvanic Isolation - Is that really necessary?
Mar 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #62 of 67

Quote:
What do you need just a straight isolator, or do you want other features like converter, or reclocker?
For straight isolators you can get the circuits@home, Olimex, amg unit or others.  On the other side you get the new FSA unit, Teralink X2, HiFace or a few others.
For example, the X2, offers, USB input, can be powered from the bus or from an external source and offers BNC, Coax and optical.
USB technology and isolation as it applies to audio use is a big topic in itself.  Makes for some great reading though!

Interesting indeed. But A simple isolator would be enough for me. That Teralink unit has been discussed around here a few times, if I'm not mistaken. Any feedback on it?

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #67 of 67
  Many around are using them.  Some products based on that chip use internal USB power BUT others allow an external power source to be used.  These are the units that many seem to like around here...  They are so cheap you can experiment with them without too much worry.
I have used one for quite awhile now, I have an external battery source connected to it and it works great.

Hi may i ask which exact battery power supply are you using ? 
redface.gif

i have a cheap isolator i am using with a cheap smps and i feel it could be better with a better PS.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks a lot,  gino 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back