USB DAC problem
Oct 29, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 25
I am using the 2.0 port, just tried the 3.0 to see if it made any difference. I need the 3.0 port for my external HDD containing my music :)

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:
The USB 3.0 port will not work.

I had the same problem with my ODAC. Use the USB 2.0 port, the DAC should be auto-detected.

Incorrect, for the most part. Most USB 3.0 host controllers will fall back to USB 2.0 mode, if the software is uninstalled as opposed to direct driver uninstall, which then renders the USB ports unusable.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Incorrect, for the most part. Most USB 3.0 host controllers will fall back to USB 2.0 mode, if the software is uninstalled as opposed to direct driver uninstall, which then renders the USB ports unusable.

Theoretically they should.

But it didn't work for me.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Theoretically they should.

But it didn't work for me.

What is your computer make and model, as well as the USB 3.0 host controller version?

There are a few versions that cause more problems than others. It's actually a very serious issue for some DJ interfaces that simply send systems into BSODs due to severe USB 3.0 incompatibilities, but do keep in mind that's related to both the OS used as well as driver versions used, which for generic drivers is more serious since the only valid alternative to generic drivers has now been exclusively made proprietary.

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

What is your computer make and model, as well as the USB 3.0 host controller version?

There are a few versions that cause more problems than others. It's actually a very serious issue for some DJ interfaces that simply send systems into BSODs due to severe USB 3.0 incompatibilities, but do keep in mind that's related to both the OS used as well as driver versions used, which for generic drivers is more serious since the only valid alternative to generic drivers has now been exclusively made proprietary.

I'm using my own build. Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H, with Linux Kernel 3.5 (Archlinux) and KDE 4.9
I'm using the ODAC, doesn't need any proprietary drivers.

Just to be sure if its a real issue and not a goof up on my side, I'll try again today.  But I've got plenty of USB ports, so its not really that big an issue.

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

I'm using my own build. Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H, with Linux Kernel 3.5 (Archlinux) and KDE 4.9
I'm using the ODAC, doesn't need any proprietary drivers.

Just to be sure if its a real issue and not a goof up on my side, I'll try again today.  But I've got plenty of USB ports, so its not really that big an issue.

Fair enough. I can't speak for Linux regarding host controller drivers, though.

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 25
does your linux build support UAC2 (USB Audio Codec 2)? chances are the dac is driverless on mac, needs driver on windows and should with some linux builds be 'driverless' as well

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #23 of 25
Come on guys! Don't hijack my thread...

FOCUS!!

My D2+ on my NP900X3C is the issue here!

L3000.gif

And by the way, uninstalling the software for the USB 3.0 controller didn't work either.

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #25 of 25
I searched for an answer when I had the exact same problem with my iBasso D3 trying to connect to my Lenovo laptop with Win 7 64.  I was led to this post which unfortunately did not help.  In desperation I tried using my USB 2.0 hub (Amazon Basics model, not that it probably matters).  Amazed, when I connected the iBasso D3 through the hub it works perfectly.  There is obviously some problem with my USB settings in my laptop, but I am not smart enough to figure it out despite fiddling with power settings etc.  The funny thing is that I tried connecting the iBasso D3 to my wife's laptop which is also a Windows 7 64 machine and it didn't work either.  I was about to order a new USB DAC amp when I tried my device with a Windows 8 desktop and it worked perfectly.  I figured out by that experience it wasn't the amp but something with the computer.  I am not ecstatic about needing a USB hub to connect my iBasso but will put up with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back