USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
May 11, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #31 of 168
You have had luck with Avantree in the past? I bought a USB bluetooth dongle from them last year, and the driver didn't work in Windows 10 and I couldn't switch between it and the internal bluetooth in my PC. Might of been me, but I gave up on it really quick. This better have good custom drivers for Windows and Mac for it to be worth it. Windows does not have AptX-HD drivers natively.
I'm not sure I can explain it properly, but the Leaf is working as a soundcard, not a bluetooth device on a PC. EDIT: It's listed in device manager as a USB sound device.
So you cannot use Windows' interface for connecting a headset/device for example. It does not need drivers. I hope that made sense?
The DG50 (Leaf) have worked very well for me. Ok sound quality, stability and no lipsync issues when watching movies/videoes/web-tv. (I use a HTPC on a LG OLED) The only thing is range with BT 4.2.
EDIT2: I can play/pause, skip forward/back and turn up/down the volume when using my Sony WH1000MX3 for ex. with the Avantree DG50 Leaf. I think the mic works too, but haven't had use for it and tested.

So again, are there other solutions, maybe similar to the forthcoming DG60? But maybe with AptX HD and LDAC as well...
I'm Norwegian, and according to the Avantree website, I have to wait a long time to grab a DG60 :frowning2:

Estimated Release Date:
Jul15th, 2019 for USA || Aug 25th, 2019 for UK / IT / ES / DE / FR || Rest of the world: TBC

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #32 of 168
This litte gizmo is a step into the right direction.

... a small USB dongle with Aptx-HD. Only LDAC is missed but should not be a rocket science to add for a company.
USB-BT-Dongle.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 168
Cool, I ordered one. Worked out to $18 with a new customer coupon!

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #37 of 168
What would be the best solution (ideally below US$ 200, but US$ 300 is acceptable) for USB DAC to Bluetooth w/ LDAC for PC dongle / card? Or, optical / Toslink to Bluetooth w/ LDAC?

I have found Toslink to Bluetooth w/ aptX HD adapter, but none with LDAC support.

I am using Topping DX3 Pro for this purpose.. and pretty satisfied about its performance and feature. Can't strongly recommend it because of some reported QC issues though. Mine has shown no problems for four months.

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #38 of 168
Got mine today, works fine.
Got it today. A noticable upgrade in sound quality over Avantree DG50 (aptx) with Sony WH-1000MX3 and Prostereo H2 (AptX HD).
The BT range with AptX HD is a little disappointing, but it works quite well from my sweet spot in the living room where I use it the most.
Well worth the money!

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #39 of 168
I'm traveling so can't open the USB dongle that came last week. Question: did it come with any driver or did a driver install in Windows 10? How can you tell if its using AptX HD? I think it would need a dedicated driver to use AptX HD in Windows, as I don't think this is built in.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #40 of 168
I'm traveling so can't open the USB dongle that came last week. Question: did it come with any driver or did a driver install in Windows 10? How can you tell if its using AptX HD? I think it would need a dedicated driver to use AptX HD in Windows, as I don't think this is built in.
No driver or BT interface for the dongle in Win10. It acts almost as a soundcard.
You connect directly to the dongle (it's in pairing mode when connecting it the first time, or hold the pairing button for a couple of seconds).
I can skip tracks, play/pause and turn up/down volume with the remote on both the Sony and RBH Prostereo headsets.
There are lights on the dongle indicating what codec you are connected with. (I confirmed AptX HD on the Sony with the Headphones connect app.)

Edit: It's fixed at 16bit/48khz in Win10 :triportsad:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #42 of 168
This litte gizmo is a step into the right direction.

... a small USB dongle with Aptx-HD. Only LDAC is missed but should not be a rocket science to add for a company.

Thanks for the hint to the Reyin adapter!!!
Mine arrived on monday (only 1 week shipment from China to Germany.)
Before I was using my new Sony WH-1000XM3 with the built in bluetooth adapter of my notebook, which is crap. It had - no idea why - high frequent noise int the transmission and the max volume was very low.
What a difference with the Reyin! The Reyin is perfect for me. Works plug and play even under Windos 7. Connection is APTX-HD as stick LED and the sony App says. Windows Sound Format even changed to 24Bits/192kHz.
Sound is perfect for me. I tried it for a telco this week, just to check if it works. After 1 hour all asked at which conference room with which microphone or with which headset I was talking because it was such an outstanding good quality. The Sony with Reyin adapter is a great combination. No LDAC like with my Android phone, but I did not try to hear the difference. I am happy now :)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #43 of 168
Thanks for the hint to the Reyin adapter!!!
Mine arrived on monday (only 1 week shipment from China to Germany.)
Before I was using my new Sony WH-1000XM3 with the built in bluetooth adapter of my notebook, which is crap. It had - no idea why - high frequent noise int the transmission and the max volume was very low.
What a difference with the Reyin! The Reyin is perfect for me. Works plug and play even under Windos 7. Connection is APTX-HD as stick LED and the sony App says. Windows Sound Format even changed to 24Bits/192kHz.
Sound is perfect for me. I tried it for a telco this week, just to check if it works. After 1 hour all asked at which conference room with which microphone or with which headset I was talking because it was such an outstanding good quality. The Sony with Reyin adapter is a great combination. No LDAC like with my Android phone, but I did not try to hear the difference. I am happy now :)
Good to hear you're pleased.
You say "Windows Sound Format even changed to 24bits/192kHz". Where do you see that? It's fixed at 16bit/48kHz on my PC with Windows 10. It's greyed out, so not possible to choose other.
(sorry for Norwegian language settings :) )
Merknad 2019-07-05 125231.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back