USB DAC for PC (Win 10) + Bluetooth w/ LDAC transmitter
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #16 of 168
Apr 19, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #19 of 168
I've purchased Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones, and they sound great with my Android Phone (connected via Bluetooth with LDAC). On PC, I am using Creative W2 Bluetooth dongle, which supports only aptX, and the sound is a little bit dull.

What would be the best solution (ideally below US$ 200, but US$ 300 is acceptable) for USB DAC to Bluetooth w/ LDAC for PC dongle / card? Or, optical / Toslink to Bluetooth w/ LDAC?

I have found Toslink to Bluetooth w/ aptX HD adapter, but none with LDAC support.
So you believe that that LDAC is much better than APTX ? I have a LDAC device but not a LDAC headphone.

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #20 of 168
Yes, APTX-HD is better than APTX, and LDAC is even better. I have a Pixel 2 XL and an iBasso DX200 that support LDAC and three Two headphones that support it. It's definitely cleaner with more transparency, air, and bass, with less compression artifacts in treble.

So you believe that that LDAC is much better than APTX ? I have a LDAC device but not a LDAC headphone.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #21 of 168
Shanling M0 Is the solution, with the last firmware v2.5 they add the Bluetooth transmitter function of USB DAC
just connect your headphone to M0 via Bluetooth as normal (LDAC connection) then connect the M0 to your windows PC as a DAC (Sure 1st you must install the DAC driver of shanling), that will transmit all PC audio to the M0 through the usb then the M0 will transmit audio to your headphone via Bluetooth (LDAC).
Really, every day I love my M0 even more an more, Thanks to shanling team for being creative and get the most possible functions from the GOLD M0
that is possible for just about 110$

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #22 of 168
Shanling M0 Firmware 2.5
New functions guide
1. Lock screen
To enable: Go to “System” settings, to “Lock screen”. In this submenu, Lock screen can be enabled or disabled
and custom lock screen wallpaper can be chosen.

Lock screen: Volume setting can be accessed on Lock screen.
Swipe right to unlock device.
Custom lock screen wallpaper:
1. Images must be stored in “lockscreenimage” folder, located in root folder of Micro SD card.
2. Supports PNG and JPG, resolution exactly 240 x 240, under 1MB.
3. Maximum of 5 images in folder.
2. Additional connectivity of Bluetooth and USB
Bluetooth USB transport
Allowing any smartphone or computer to stream audio into standalone DAC, via Shanling player, over
Bluetooth connection.
1) Connect Shanling player to standalone DAC over appropriate cable.
2) Connect your smartphone or computer to Shanling player over Bluetooth, switching Shanling player into
Bluetooth receiver mode.
Now all sounds from your smartphone or computer will be streamed into Shanling player, which will send
audio into connected standalone DAC over USB cable.
USB Bluetooth transmitter
Allowing any computer to stream music over Bluetooth in high quality, using USB cable connection.
1) Connect Bluetooth headphones or speakers to Shanling player.
2) Set Shanling player into USB DAC mode – “System” setting, “USB Mode” set to DAC.
3) Connect Shanling player to computer over USB cable (Drivers must be installed on Windows system) and
set it as default audio device.
Now all sounds from your computer will be streamed to your connected Bluetooth Headphones or speakers.
Bluetooth quality will be displayed in status bar of Shanling player.

Apr 24, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #23 of 168
Sounds good for the M0!
Can the M1 do the same with Aptx-HD?

I would add LHDC to my demand. This will be the new star on the BT sky by my opinion.
LADC is Sony. LHDC is Huawei, but it is free and seems to be better in stability.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #24 of 168
Dr. Storm thank's for the recommendation! Around $100 is a price point that I'd gladly pay to get good bluetooth sound out of my laptop!

Shanling M0 Is the solution, with the last firmware v2.5 they add the Bluetooth transmitter function of USB DAC
just connect your headphone to M0 via Bluetooth as normal (LDAC connection) then connect the M0 to your windows PC as a DAC (Sure 1st you must install the DAC driver of shanling), that will transmit all PC audio to the M0 through the usb then the M0 will transmit audio to your headphone via Bluetooth (LDAC).
Really, every day I love my M0 even more an more, Thanks to shanling team for being creative and get the most possible functions from the GOLD M0
that is possible for just about 110$

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #25 of 168
Hiby R3 is a bit more expensive and will do all of these things also along with WiFi,DLNA,AirPlay and LDAC Bluetooth and MQA. It is a bit bigger than the M0 as that thing is tiny but can use 2TB sd cards when available and not costing several times what the player cost. The LHDC seems to be only available on Huawei phones and at least one HiFiMan dap as of now as it is fairly new and had to look it up as your mention was the first I’ve heard of it. Just another option to look at.

May 10, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #28 of 168
Have any of you tried the Shanling M0 now? Does it work ok? What about the range? I'm a bit sceptical to the BT4.1.
I want to use such a solution on my HTPC in the living room, with Sony MX3 and Prostereo H2 (both with LDAC support)

May 11, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #29 of 168
You have had luck with Avantree in the past? I bought a USB bluetooth dongle from them last year, and the driver didn't work in Windows 10 and I couldn't switch between it and the internal bluetooth in my PC. Might of been me, but I gave up on it really quick. This better have good custom drivers for Windows and Mac for it to be worth it. Windows does not have AptX-HD drivers natively.

http://www.avantree.com/product-long-range-bluetooth-usb-audio-adapter-avantree-dg60-blk.html
This looks exciting if AptX HD is "enough".
I'm still looking for such a solution.
Now I use the Avantree Leaf DG50, with BT4.2 and "only" AptX LL.
Any other similar products out there today with BT5.0 and both LDAC and AptX HD?

May 11, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #30 of 168
The other interesting thing is AptX HD is not actually supporting the bitrate it’s touted to do yet. It’s like it was marketed to do a higher bit-rate at some future date, though that date has never arrived. It’s still fully crippled which your DAC will prove in numbers. Laughingly!!........

Being called “HD” is some marketing term which is actually completely not true for the codec at this place in time. What a joke!

LDAC seems to be at the edge of being a solution? Strange too as now we can even broadcast cast movies somehow from our laptops to our smart TV in HD.........(that’s got to use some bandwidth?) but still no high bit rate audio wireless?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back