USB BT 5.0 dongle/device for PC with LDAC and or AptX HD?
Apr 30, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 18
hi.
sorry for hijacking this thread, but it's on the same topic of what I'm after.

I'm on the hunt for a Bluetooth device that can transmit aptX LL and potentially aptX HD and that it's USB powered but also has 3.5mm jack to get the audio input.
The use cases are:
1. For the TV to be used with headphones
2. For my Lenovo work laptop, for when I listen to music on my Nuraphones (they support atpX HD), so for the 2nd use case, it must have the aptX HD codec.

If anyone has any experience with the above, what would you recommend? I live in Australia so not everything is available here. I'm limited to eBay Australia and Aliexpress.

Thanks!

Dec 28, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #17 of 18
The only device I found so far, that transmits bluetooth LDAC and aptX HD, is FiiO BTA30. It's a bit more expensive ($90), but totally worth the price for what it is.
Sadly, the LDAC transmission works only through the optical SPDIF input, it won't work via USB. But I'm okay with that, because my computer's motherboard and my external DAC both have SPDIF outputs and I'll be able to use it. I'm considering buying it for the LDAC transmitter part of it, although it is also a receiver and a DAC, which I will probably not use.

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #18 of 18
I have a mini PC in my living room which I download films to with Atmos/DTS soundtracks, I also have the Atmos/DTS apps on the PC to enable them, my question is though, is it possible to transmit Atmos Headphone or DTS Headphone X to two pairs of Bluetooth headphones from the PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back