usb adapter with a jack...
Sep 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 6

Quote:

my headphone jack on the laptop won't work, I'm going to buy the fiio e10 but i can't wait for that right now... i was looking for some sort of a usb adapter with a jack, but without a crappy soundcard inside (like this http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-3d-sound-adapter-color-assorted-5831 ). 

Where can i find it? 

No such thing. It either has a crappy sound card or it has a half decent sound card. Without any DAC / soundcard inside, it won't make any sound (and what is that good for?)

Also, if you need it in a hurry, don't get it from DX as shipping might take a very long time.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 6
You need a DAC to turn the digital bits into analog sound. Your laptop's DAC is connected to the headphone jack. You can't get an analog signal from a digital USB without a different DAC. So no, there's nothing other than external DAC/amps. Wait for your Fiio.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 6
i was looking for some sort of a usb adapter with a jack, but without a crappy soundcard inside

USB does not output sound, just digital data. That is why a USB to jack adapter does not exist.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back