US verson of iHP-120 is black!
Oct 14, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #31 of 45
IRiver America is now taking pre orders for the 120 here...

Pre Order
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
awww...i river linked the ihp-120 page to iriveramerica.com's front page and it also shows black...i guess we WILL be getting the black verson -____-''

;_______; *crushed by disappointment*

Maybe I'll import from Korea and get some PX100's as well
plainface.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 11:01 AM Post #33 of 45
Yeah, but Rizumu, the price on the Korean website is US$500!

I'm up in the air. I dig black as a color, too. But the fact is you can't really tell anything from a picture. Is it a nice shiny black finish or a satin finish? Does the gold look rich in real life or cheezy? Unfortunately I think you really have to hold the product in your hand to tell. I'd go with black, but that's one colour that you really have to see the finish of the material. It's magnesium, right (which looks exactly like plastic).

yesterday I couldn't log onto iRiver's site for awhile -- I had a sneaking suspicion they might be doing so updating!
biggrin.gif

So the US list price is official $399. Not bad, but I won't buy from the iRiver site of they're charging list!

Figure that retailers buy products at 60% off list price. Therefore ritz's $300 is a reasonable price (25% off list). That's about the best you'll ever find on a new product! Sometime you can find (rarely) 30% off. Only when the discontinue a product will you get to the magical 40% off bracket.

Oct 14, 2003 at 11:01 AM Post #34 of 45
Hopefully they will sell the black version in Europe too -- I like it!

peacesign.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 11:12 AM Post #35 of 45
Now that I've looked at the pictures. I think I dig the black best!

It's the ANTI-iPOD!

HAIL SATAN!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 11:42 AM Post #36 of 45
Yeah, the anti-iPod also came to mind with me... But what do you have to do with Satan?

peacesign.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 12:01 PM Post #37 of 45
it looks pretty sweet, so i may debate about getting a new ipod or a iriver in the future
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 2:45 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
Now that I've looked at the pictures. I think I dig the black best!

It's the ANTI-iPOD!

HAIL SATAN!
evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, I think iRiver are trying to copy the Philips HDD100 and make their unit black so they can also be seen as the anti-iPod.

HAIL SATAN?
confused.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #40 of 45
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

YOU WILL SUBMIT

REPRODUCE

SLEEP

SLEEP

CONSUME

YOU LOVE THE IMP-120 AND WILL PAY RETAIL FOR IT.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 4:59 PM Post #42 of 45
LOL, Sweet Spot. Thanks for the very post modern visuals.

Hail Satan?
confused.gif

Just check out my User ID/Avatar. I once made a "hail Satan" comment in some discussion of the idiocy of Satan worship and Jude made it stick!

Anti-iPod/Anti-Christ

Maybe it was a stretch...

ME WANT iRIVER!!

Oct 14, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
Yeah, but Rizumu, the price on the Korean website is US$500!

I'm up in the air. I dig black as a color, too. But the fact is you can't really tell anything from a picture. Is it a nice shiny black finish or a satin finish? Does the gold look rich in real life or cheezy? Unfortunately I think you really have to hold the product in your hand to tell. I'd go with black, but that's one colour that you really have to see the finish of the material. It's magnesium, right (which looks exactly like plastic).

Yeah...that's my worry. I mean, on iRiver's site the black on the player looks like the cheap black plastic that my Dell laptop is made out of. Gah. Not very enticing. But the Gold could look cheezy true...it's hard to tell. Without having them in front of you. :/

Oct 14, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #44 of 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back