TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Legend X vs. Phantom TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2018
Dec 15, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #61 of 225
Agree that the LX and A18 are very complementary, as Barra says.

The A18 goes for massive soundstage, neutrality, and end to end extension. The LX will blow you away with bass response and an overall powerful sound. It also has impressive clarity and kills it on vocals. I don't think the LX is quite as adept as the A18 at being able to handle all genres well, but the power it delivers is extremely unique.

I recently got my A18, and LX has been next on my list ever since I heard it.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #63 of 225
I just saw this thread today. Is it too late to request to join?

I live in Fremont, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.
Sorry for the delay, adding now.

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #64 of 225
Upon Tour Kit Receipt - Please follow the rules
My goal with this tour was to get out of the way of progress allowing the participants to self-manage each kit transfer with full tour transparency. That way, I only have to jump in for larger issues. Otherwise, if I remain an additional step, the extra step or my temporary absence is likely to repeatedly slow things down.
  1. Rules: The rules are listed in post 2 - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/us-...-starting-november-2018.892224/#post-14569590
  2. Participant Order: The updated tour list is available in post 3 - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/us-...-starting-november-2018.892224/#post-14569593.

Key Goals:
  • Transparency: Please immediately post receipt and kit condition on receipt of kit so everyone knows where the kit is in the tour. As a bonus, impressions and discussions make the thread more fun if you are so inclined.
  • Awareness: Please immediately PM the next two participants per the rules to set the next transfer in motion and make sure that everyone is ready. This provides you with a backup to stay on schedule if the first doesn't reply. Remember to CC me in PMs and emails to keep me apprised of actions.
  • Changes: Please work out simple schedule changes between the participants by swapping order if, for example, you are out of town for a week when your turn comes up. Just PM the next participant or two with your swap request and include me and the current kit holder in the conversation. Participants are easy to work with and typically will agree to the swap. However, if you need to drop out or be bumped to the bottom of the list for larger issues or if there are issues with the kit, then feel free to PM/email me directly and I will help you with a resolution.
  • Timeliness: Everyone is anxious for their turn. Although things happen, please do your best to ship by day 8. If you run into an issue and are running late, please post to the general tour thread so we all know what is going on and there is no confusion or concerns.
Thx, Bill

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #67 of 225
I'm supposed to be receiving them on Wednesday, but if it's signature required, I might get them on Thursday as I'd have to pick it up from a ups store near me as that's where the driver would drop it off if I'm not home when he drops it off.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #69 of 225
Received the kit last Friday - sorry for the delay in updating.

Has the kit shipped or not? You were due to ship it out on the 12th?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #71 of 225
Barra wanted me to inform everryone due to the missing adapters, the tour will be delayed until it gets sorted out. It appears that someone forgot to put it in the box so it won't be a long delay as they will get it to me shortly.

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #72 of 225
Barra wanted me to inform everryone due to the missing adapters, the tour will be delayed until it gets sorted out. It appears that someone forgot to put it in the box so it won't be a long delay as they will get it to me shortly.

The less “policing” needed, the greater the likelihood manufacturers will continue to support these tours. Let’s try to keep things tidy from here on out and everyone, please check that everything is in order when you receive the kit and before sending it out to the next participant.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #73 of 225

Great ;( Who's sending them to you?

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #75 of 225
I don't know. The two people who forgot to send it to send it to other people before me are supposed to send it to me when they find it. Don't worry everyone is communicating on who should have had the one or two adapters and it'll get sorted shortly.

Where are we at as far as the missing parts getting to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back