TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Legend X vs. Phantom TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2018
Jan 27, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #77 of 225
Amazing how people can F this crap up.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #78 of 225
Man...I really want to try and not be too negative here, but at this rate it is going to take about 4 years to complete this tour...I mean this tour began in October and we are only 4 people through!!! Lol. I feel bad for @Barra who is nice enough to arrange these tours and it seems as though a great deal of people show very little respect to the effort and privelage that is given. I mean something as simple as posting received and sent notifications and maintaining the gear should really be a very capable request of grown @ss Head-Fier’s should it not? Sorry for the rant, but this has been exceptional to watch and be a part of...Please, let's get it together and make this a much better experience moving forward my fellow tour members...

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #79 of 225
people should provide their cc info directly to the companies generous enough to share their stuff like this.

if something goes missing in your possession, you get charged and the tour continues...very simple.

too many people are just...blech.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #80 of 225
Man...I really want to try and not be too negative here, but at this rate it is going to take about 4 years to complete this tour...I mean this tour began in October and we are only 4 people through!!! Lol. I feel bad for @Barra who is nice enough to arrange these tours and it seems as though a great deal of people show very little respect to the effort and privelage that is given. I mean something as simple as posting received and sent notifications and maintaining the gear should really be a very capable request of grown @ss Head-Fier’s should it not? Sorry for the rant, but this has been exceptional to watch and be a part of...Please, let's get it together and make this a much better experience moving forward my fellow tour members...

I agree. That's why it's so important to inspect the kit when it arrives and post the status and condition of the kit.

In actuality, we're only on the 4th person, cause Bill is/was first. I hate pointing fingers, but that only leaves 3 people to have lost/misplaced the parts in question. However, we don't know who's at fault (one or more than one person) because no one posted the status of the kit when it arrived to them other than FangJoker.

Get with the program people, the rules aren't that hard to follow.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #81 of 225
I'll reiterate and stress what @Barra has stated. As the security advisor on Barra's tours, these steps have been put into place to protect each participant of the tour and also the manufacturer who have graciously provided a very expensive item for us to try out and review. Each participant needs to understand that not following the rules to the letter can disqualify you from future tours. This has been discussed and stated several times. So if you don't follow the rules then you could be excluded from future tours. In addition and if warranted you also open yourself up to criminal theft by fraud charges if an item comes up missing.

FOLLOW THE RULES! These tours are a great way to listen to some TOTL gear and try before you buy.

Upon Tour Kit Receipt - Please follow the rules
  1. Rules: The rules are listed in post 2 - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/us-...-starting-november-2018.892224/#post-14569590
  2. Participant Order: The updated tour list is available in post 3 - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/us-...-starting-november-2018.892224/#post-14569593.
Key Goals:
  • Transparency: Please immediately post receipt and kit condition on receipt of kit so everyone knows where the kit is in the tour. As a bonus, impressions and discussions make the thread more fun if you are so inclined.
  • Awareness: Please immediately PM the next two participants per the rules to set the next transfer in motion and make sure that everyone is ready. This provides you with a backup to stay on schedule if the first doesn't reply. Remember to CC me in PMs and emails to keep me apprised of actions.
  • Changes: Please work out simple schedule changes between the participants by swapping order if, for example, you are out of town for a week when your turn comes up. Just PM the next participant or two with your swap request and include me and the current kit holder in the conversation. Participants are easy to work with and typically will agree to the swap. However, if you need to drop out or be bumped to the bottom of the list for larger issues or if there are issues with the kit, then feel free to PM/email me directly and I will help you with a resolution.
  • Timeliness: Everyone is anxious for their turn. Although things happen, please do your best to ship by day 8. If you run into an issue and are running late, please post to the general tour thread so we all know what is going on and there is no confusion or concerns.
No comments are needed about this post, or the state of the tour. It will get back on track and Barra is working on it. Just do what you should.

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #82 of 225
Update
As everyone is aware, we are still trying to track down our missing adapters. As we are getting this sorted, I am relooking at our rules to see what we missed. I guess I assumed that when I state that we needed to immediately post the condition of the kit upon receipt, we all understood that meant to account for all parts.

While I understand it takes time to test the working condition, I am less concerned with the working condition than I am about a full accounting as it is easier and more reasonable to request a simple fix than a replacement for lost items.

Does it make sense to everyone to update the rules to require participants to post a receipt picture in the tour thread to show all the included items in a tour kit to satisfy the rule? Please note that I do have a list of all components in the first couple posts in the thread. Is there a reason that this doesn't work for anyone?

We will post here as soon as we have a resolution for the missing adapters. - Bill

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #83 of 225
Update
As everyone is aware, we are still trying to track down our missing adapters. As we are getting this sorted, I am relooking at our rules to see what we missed. I guess I assumed that when I state that we needed to immediately post the condition of the kit upon receipt, we all understood that meant to account for all parts.

While I understand it takes time to test the working condition, I am less concerned with the working condition than I am about a full accounting as it is easier and more reasonable to request a simple fix than a replacement for lost items.

Does it make sense to everyone to update the rules to require participants to post a receipt picture in the tour thread to show all the included items in a tour kit to satisfy the rule? Please note that I do have a list of all components in the first couple posts in the thread. Is there a reason that this doesn't work for anyone?

We will post here as soon as we have a resolution for the missing adapters. - Bill
I am all for posting a picture or two of the kit! Thanks guys.

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #84 of 225
I'm fine with it. Good idea.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #85 of 225
Upon receipt of the kit, photograph and inventory the contents of the kit as well as the condition of the parts, also making sure all parts are accounted for.

That's always the way I understood it Bill.

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #86 of 225
Upon receipt of the kit, photograph and inventory the contents of the kit as well as the condition of the parts, also making sure all parts are accounted for.

That's always the way I understood it Bill.

No doubt that would be preferred. But minimum is an inspection of the contents and posting to the thread that you've received the kit and all is in order.

"Transparency: Please immediately post receipt and kit condition on receipt of kit so everyone knows where the kit is in the tour. As a bonus, impressions and discussions make the thread more fun if you are so inclined."

Jan 31, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #87 of 225
Update

Fair enough. :beerchug:

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #88 of 225
@Barra : Bill, we still in a "holding pattern" for the tour? We've been stalled for almost a month.

I, personally, don't need the adapters, so is there any way to move forward?

Feb 16, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #89 of 225
Update
Hey everyone, sorry it has been so long with no updates. We have failed to find the missing adapters and are reaching out to EE for next steps, stay tuned.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #90 of 225
Update
Hey everyone, sorry it has been so long with no updates. We have failed to find the missing adapters and are reaching out to EE for next steps, stay tuned.

Dumb Q, cost on these adapters, Google search shows they are not so expensive:https://www.amazon.com/Balanced-Female-Hi-end-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B072SWWZJ9

...if you don't need EE's version? Why not tack on $5/user charge for the rest of the tour participants, to get some adapters quickly made/added to the kits? Maybe nxt tour, you get a backup set of adapters made(again, don't know how much EE charged, didn't read through the thread)?

I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for adapters being made for any future tours, to be part of the participants, along with shipping costs...not a big deal to me, certainly worthy of getting the tour going back to schedule, no? In other words, would you pay something like $25 to 'rental fee' (which includes insuring & cost of adapters) these high-end products for a week tryout? Seems like a good deal to me. Look at it this way, if you were an DSLR enthusiast, but desires for champagne wishes, on a beer budget, any new 'toys' for your DSLR, like a new lens...you don't drop $2k+, you go to lensrentals.com or similar & pay some hefty $/wk to rent a lens, see if it does for you, want you want it to do.

Unfortunate these things happen, but the easy 'cure' is to make sure there is a backup set of adapters nxt time, hope these few mishaps do not discourage Barra or others from doing these tours, which are very important, imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back