URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Mar 28, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #346 of 1,184
Can't agree with you more. Was seriously considering getting a set, but decided to bail, based on all the reports of driver failures and sound cutting out. Man, seriously; TRN has GOT to get their QC s**t together before people will start to take them seriously. First, it was cable issues, which weren't properly soldered. Now, it's a full production iem that dies within hours. So many people paid good money for these products and never got what they paid for. From all I've read and understand, this company was started as a better KZ/Knowledge Zenith alternative. They haven't succeeded at all imho. I'm reluctant to buy anything from them, cause of QC. Imo, the best thing they released was the the V90. Still wary to even spend my money on it. Seems like all their stuff is just cheap, and disposable. Until they do, they will just be a cheap KZ wannabe.

So far, while only a couple of days in, mine are going strong.

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #347 of 1,184
Can't agree with you more. Was seriously considering getting a set, but decided to bail, based on all the reports of driver failures and sound cutting out. Man, seriously; TRN has GOT to get their QC s**t together before people will start to take them seriously. First, it was cable issues, which weren't properly soldered. Now, it's a full production iem that dies within hours. So many people paid good money for these products and never got what they paid for. From all I've read and understand, this company was started as a better KZ/Knowledge Zenith alternative. They haven't succeeded at all imho. I'm reluctant to buy anything from them, cause of QC. Imo, the best thing they released was the the V90. Still wary to even spend my money on it. Seems like all their stuff is just cheap, and disposable. Until they do, they will just be a cheap KZ wannabe.

Don’t forget the recall on the V10 (I think it was the V10), the face plate falling off the IM1, the V80 that shocks people, the charge port problem with the BT20, and I think there were issues with the V20 or V30 although I can’t remember exactly what they were.

It seems the only thing they really got right (tuning and quality wise) was the V90.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #348 of 1,184
And...while still trying to stay on topic... I pulled the plug, and bought a YBF ISSO14 and a Tripowin Zonie SPC balanced cable from DD AUDIO on Aliexpress anniversary sale. Expected delivery is 6/5. From my past experience, it'll probably be sooner.

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #349 of 1,184
Don’t forget the recall on the V10 (I think it was the V10), the face plate falling off the IM1, the V80 that shocks people, the charge port problem with the BT20, and I think there were issues with the V20 or V30 although I can’t remember exactly what they were.

It seems the only thing they really got right (tuning and quality wise) was the V90.
Yeah, I actually DID forget those aforementioned issues. Lol! Thanks for the reminder. Afaic tho, I'm not gonna take a chance on anything TRN right now. As curious as I am, I'm just not willing to spend my money on anything they're selling right now. I got enough iems right now, and just ordered the Urbanfun and a balanced mmcx cable. It'll be a couple months before I get the set, but I'm not in any hurry. I saved a few bucks on the Ali sale, never have to pay any extra duties or taxes, and the most I have ever had to wait was 6 weeks. Considering all that, it seems like a good deal to me. I survived without them this long...so another 6-8 weeks before they arrive, ain't gonna kill me.

Mar 28, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #350 of 1,184
And...while still trying to stay on topic... I pulled the plug, and bought a YBF ISSO14 and a Tripowin Zonie SPC balanced cable from DD AUDIO on Aliexpress anniversary sale. Expected delivery is 6/5. From my past experience, it'll probably be sooner.
Pulled the trigger*

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #352 of 1,184
Mar 30, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #353 of 1,184
Mar 30, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #354 of 1,184
Crinacle has great graphs..... but a pretty poor ear. Listening involves concentration, familiarity and mindfulness. Thank heavens for these threads and all the people who listen and comment on what they hear.
Actually happy that he didn't like it. Because if he had there might have been even more orders and longer waiting time for me lol

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #355 of 1,184
Actually happy that he didn't like it. Because if he had there might have been even more orders and longer waiting time for me lol
I am loosing quite fast the respect I had in YouTubers/reviewers in the HIFI world. Audiophile world is not graphics and measurements, is enjoyment of the music, or at least it should be. When you stop respecting the objectivism of this hobby (take tube amps for example, changing the recorded sound to provide a better experience) and just follow the numbers you are becoming, probably unwillingly, an snob.

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #356 of 1,184
I am loosing quite fast the respect I had in YouTubers/reviewers in the HIFI world. Audiophile world is not graphics and measurements, is enjoyment of the music, or at least it should be. When you stop respecting the objectivism of this hobby (take tube amps for example, changing the recorded sound to provide a better experience) and just follow the numbers you are becoming, probably unwillingly, an snob.

I bought based on crin's review and I didn't like it at all and it's damn expensive.
I bought based on BGGR and I was happy and didn't spend 5x as much.

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #357 of 1,184
I bought based on crin's review and I didn't like it at all and it's damn expensive.
I bought based on BGGR and I was happy and didn't spend 5x as much.
I don't like him either (his opinions I mean). Bggar says the Tri i3 is a D tier iem, (that's rubbish), and it's an excellent one. Also says that the Blon is one of the best (well, it's a fun Iem, but that's it) and praised the Form Shozy 1.1 which to me is a Meh Iem (being generous).

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #358 of 1,184
Why do people always get so absolutely butthurt when crin criticizes something. It's one dudes opinion, no need to get so salty. He didn't even straight up dislike it, but that's just not enough for the hype machine.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #360 of 1,184
Why do people always get so absolutely butthurt when crin criticizes something. It's one dudes opinion, no need to get so salty. He didn't even straight up dislike it, but that's just not enough for the hype machine.

And by the same token why should we not criticize his comments and perceptions.... like everybody on here who hears sounds differently. Equality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back