URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Mar 8, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #181 of 1,184
My ears also hear more sub bass on the Urbanfun and the bass is way more defined on the Urbanfun too. I really appreciate the Blon 03 but the URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 is special by any standards. Graphs are good.....but listening is way better.

Same here, I have not really gone back to the Blon. I have been keeping an eye out for the BL03 mark 2 but the Urbanfun tweaked the Blon sound a bit in the right direction for me. Maybe the Blon soundstage and positioning of the vocals is better on the Blon for me.

Right at the start of New Year holiday in China, I had messaged Urbanfun about swapping or getting a discount on the current version. They said we can do something, but still on holiday and then it turned into coronavirus shutdown and never heard from them again. Unlike KZ, Urbanfun seems to be in production again.

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #182 of 1,184
Same here, I have not really gone back to the Blon. I have been keeping an eye out for the BL03 mark 2 but the Urbanfun tweaked the Blon sound a bit in the right direction for me. Maybe the Blon soundstage and positioning of the vocals is better on the Blon for me.

Right at the start of New Year holiday in China, I had messaged Urbanfun about swapping or getting a discount on the current version. They said we can do something, but still on holiday and then it turned into coronavirus shutdown and never heard from them again. Unlike KZ, Urbanfun seems to be in production again.
Sorry, didn't mean to call out BGGAR for what a random guy said. That isn't fair to him and i do apologize for that.

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #183 of 1,184
"noble metal" version sold at taobao appears to be Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy according to official's info.
Beryllium version is still out of stock at taobao but it is on presale now so you can pre-order both Be and Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy version that they will ship within 25 days after ordered.

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #185 of 1,184
"noble metal" version sold at taobao appears to be Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy according to official's info.
Beryllium version is still out of stock at taobao but it is on presale now so you can pre-order both Be and Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy version that they will ship within 25 days after ordered.

Are you referring to Blon here?

I just placed an order with DDAudio for YBF - the "with pink cable" version. I take it there are no multiple versions of YBF?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #186 of 1,184
Are you referring to Blon here?

I just placed an order with DDAudio for YBF - with pink cable version. I take it there are not multiple versions of YBF as well?
At taobao, which is original chinese version of aliexpress, were able to choose which version of YBF-ISS014 you want to have, but in aliexpress, only "Beryllium" version is available. However it could be the case that they forget to change the title of the product, so you may ask the seller to confirm which version you are getting.

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #187 of 1,184
At taobao, which is original chinese version of aliexpress, were able to choose which version of YBF-ISS014 you want to have, but in aliexpress, only "Beryllium" version is available. However it could be the case that they forget to change the title of the product, so you may ask the seller to confirm which version you are getting.

Ok. And I take it that everyone here is having the "Beryllium" version only and I should be getting that only?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #188 of 1,184
Ok. And I take it that everyone here is having the "Beryllium" version only and I should be getting that only?

We don’t know for sure. There’s not enough information or owners yet. It’s kind of ambiguous at this point.

Mar 9, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #190 of 1,184
Anyone try UF's other cheaper Beryllium model?...
1583786031678.png

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #191 of 1,184

Right, a while back after the first run were sold out, I believe Urbanfun confirmed their second run was not Beryllium but sounds the same and fixed the mmcx. Except the listing was never changed to reflect it. I believe the Taobao listing was posted here at the time with the non Beryllium driver. Perhaps the Beryllium is back.

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #192 of 1,184
Right, a while back after the first run were sold out, I believe Urbanfun confirmed their second run was not Beryllium but sounds the same and fixed the mmcx. Except the listing was never changed to reflect it. I believe the Taobao listing was posted here at the time with the non Beryllium driver. Perhaps the Beryllium is back.
Don't care , only thing matters is that it sounds good
20200309_180836.jpg

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #194 of 1,184
It could be a dried poop coated driver for all I care. Still sounds dope. :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back