URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jul 14, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #916 of 1,184
I received a pair from the official Urbanfun Amazon store today. They were shipped last week and arrived in the black box. However they have the new cable with the slider.
Do you think I got ripped or are they the new version?
I'm no expert, but honestly I'm pretty happy with the sound, and the bass is solid.
The black box were the best i think. Congrats
Have just been listening to the YBF iss014 and the iBasso it00. The YBF is a great IEM, but the it00 is better. More involving and more musical. There is nothing negative to say about the iss014, but the iBasso it00 is just better. But if I hadn't heard the it00 it wouldn't matter because the YBF is amazing. But for SUB-BASS heads the YBF, is still the best. For everything else the it00 is the best.
Interesting~ How about the it01? I'm looking into that, not the it00 for now :)

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #918 of 1,184
The black box were the best i think. Congrats

Interesting~ How about the it01? I'm looking into that, not the it00 for now :)
Some reviews suggest the it00 is the better of the two. I can only speak for the it00 though.....I can't imagine anyone not enjoying the tuning.

Jul 14, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #919 of 1,184
I'm not sure about that, apparently the non-beryllium version that was out earlier this year shipped in the same black box. However I think it has a different cable 🤔
If it works correctly, seems to have satisfactory build, sounds good to you, and has lots of sub bass, I really wouldn’t worry about it.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #920 of 1,184
Just wondering, what tips do you guys use with your Urbanfun? The very thick stem doesnt allow for the final typ E or Sony hybrid tips to fit.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #921 of 1,184
I’m using SpinFit CP145 tips. They‘re too big for most other IEM nozzles, so it works out perfectly.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #922 of 1,184
I’m using SpinFit CP145 tips. They‘re too big for most other IEM nozzles, so it works out perfectly.
I dont like the CP145 on the urbanfun, they are too soft and the fit gets worse and harder to achieve a seal. Using the stock ones ATM. :joy:

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #923 of 1,184
Just wondering, what tips do you guys use with your Urbanfun? The very thick stem doesnt allow for the final typ E or Sony hybrid tips to fit.

Acoustune AET and JVC SpiralDots fit them easy.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #924 of 1,184

SednaFit Light on 1 pair and Auvios on the others

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #925 of 1,184
Jul 15, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #926 of 1,184
I think i Found a fix for thé sound dropping out in one of the iem's!
After trying, and trying, and looking and taking pictures and looking, and listening, and trying, and even more listening and trying, and looking at cables....
I Found out my mmcx connectors on my cables are all split in 2, and if you ever so slightly put an exacto knife between this ''split'' so it ''expands'' my right iem sound good all thé time, no more dropouts, i van even spin thé connector and it does'nt lose sound.... Anybody here with a faulty pair, some steady hands, good eyes and time to test this out? I think it Will help a lot of us if this is thé real solution. In thé pictures you can der thé split in thé barrel section of thé connector.

Attachments

• IMG-20200715-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200715-WA0006.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 15, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #927 of 1,184
I think i Found a fix for thé sound dropping out in one of the iem's!
After trying, and trying, and looking and taking pictures and looking, and listening, and trying, and even more listening and trying, and looking at cables....
I Found out my mmcx connectors on my cables are all split in 2, and if you ever so slightly put an exacto knife between this ''split'' so it ''expands'' my right iem sound good all thé time, no more dropouts, i van even spin thé connector and it does'nt lose sound.... Anybody here with a faulty pair, some steady hands, good eyes and time to test this out? I think it Will help a lot of us if this is thé real solution. In thé pictures you can der thé split in thé barrel section of thé connector.
This wasnt the issue with mine, as it also suffered the same problem (detaching itself simply by gravity after a while) from my other cables.

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #928 of 1,184
This wasnt the issue with mine, as it also suffered the same problem (detaching itself simply by gravity after a while) from my other cables.
Detaching van be thé same problem, that the female ''barrel'' on thé iem just is to big, you can also look at thé small Ring around thé connector on thé cable, this also has a split in it you can seperate a little bit more, that's what i first tried, but that had no impact on thé sound dropping out. But after that the cable snaps in place with a more clicky sound!

This is what i Mean with that ring and what i do

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #930 of 1,184
Tried Sedna, Dekoni Bulletz, & ePro tips on the UF. I still prefer the CP145, but that’s just what works best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back