URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 5, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #436 of 1,184
Hi @realkepp I could not open the dispute to the store anymore as it passed 15 days since I confirmed receiving the order. The store never responded my latest messages btw.
However, a very good customer service was done by AE, they accepted my escalation and will refund me fully.

Oh hi, thanks for your feedback. What are you gonna do now?
Are these iem worth to reorder a new set? Or youre gonna search for something else?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #437 of 1,184
Oh hi, thanks for your feedback. What are you gonna do now?
Are these iem worth to reorder a new set? Or youre gonna search for something else?
I think I will wait or save up to buy a new source, Dx160 as I have the ISN D10 and another blon 03 on their way.

Btw, I had Ostry KC09 for few hours before its right piece died which I got from the DD audio lucky bug. Actually, I like it more than UF YBF.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #440 of 1,184
BGGAR deleted these from his top due to QC issues, they still didn't fix it and lots of ppl complain about it
yeah quite a shame, but if they still have the same QC issues that have been reported for months then they dont deserve anyones money...

Apr 6, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #441 of 1,184
BGGAR deleted these from his top due to QC issues, they still didn't fix it and lots of ppl complain about it

Saw BGGAR's video last week where the Blon 03 and Urbanfun are his top 2. Many people have Urbanfun's that give everything. Do you have them? Fair enough if you don't like them. If you don't have them it's total gobbledeegook rubbish.

Apr 6, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #442 of 1,184
Saw BGGAR's video last week where the Blon 03 and Urbanfun are his top 2. Many people have Urbanfun's that give everything. Do you have them? Fair enough if you don't like them. If you don't have them it's total gobbledeegook rubbish.
The problem here is that when its already been reported to Urbanfun for months that the ISS014 has problems and they dont manage to fix it or if they even tried to do that and also increased the price from like 49 usd to 59 usd.

How can you have faith in them and recommend their stuff to other people to spend their hard earned money.... in this scenario it doesnt matter how good it sounds if there is a game breaking problem that needs to be fixed. Unless you are telling people that they might get a dud and they should go into it knowing it but that if they get a good one it is a gem.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #443 of 1,184
RikudouGoku

The problem here is that when its already been reported to Urbanfun for months that the ISS014 has problems and they dont manage to fix it or if they even tried to do that and also increased the price from like 49 usd to 59 usd.

How can you have faith in them and recommend their stuff to other people to spend their hard earned money.... in this scenario it doesnt matter how good it sounds if there is a game breaking problem that needs to be fixed. Unless you are telling people that they might get a dud and they should go into it knowing it but that if they get a good one it is a gem.

Dharmasteve's answer

If those who have the Urbanfun want to critique them fine. There are some who have said QC is not all that......and many who are satisfied and impressed by them. What p***** me off is when people who do not have them spend their time pulling them down. You have not done that but others do. I have never once given an opinion on an IEM I do not own and listened to for some time. I am not impressed by people who critique IEMs they do not own.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #444 of 1,184
If those who have the Urbanfun want to critique them fine. There are some who have said QC is not all that......and many who are satisfied and impressed by them. What p***** me off is when people who do not have them spend their time pulling them down. You have not done that but others do. I have never once given an opinion on an IEM I do not own and listened to for some time. I am not impressed by people who critique IEMs they do not own.
yes, agree that they dont have the right to say that it sounds bad when they havent even heard it.

I just meant that since they have so much QC problems or whatever it is, it isnt exactly a good iem to recommend to people, unless they want to gamle on getting a good set.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #445 of 1,184
I purchased my UF ISS014's from Linsoul on 3/13. They shipped from China on 3/19 and I took delivery on 4/2 last week. I have no clue as to what driver is in them but I too was wondering if they'd forgotten to include the IEMs until I opened the case.

As I've posted in the "Sub 100 IEM" thread, after 12-14hrs of listening, I love them! They sound very musical to me off of my Hiby R5 DAP with the stock 3.5mm cable. I ordered some upgraded 4.4 balanced cables from the recent AE sale and I'm very interested to see observe the difference between 3.5 and 4.4 balanced.

Overall, I'm most impressed with their sound stage and dynamics. And while I'm extremely new to the hobby and therefore possess little experience, this is a sound signature that is very appealing to my ears. It's the first set of IEMs I've owned where I forget I'm listening to earphones! They are very comfortable and resolve my fit issues with the BLON BL03's.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #446 of 1,184
yes, agree that they dont have the right to say that it sounds bad when they havent even heard it.

I just meant that since they have so much QC problems or whatever it is, it isnt exactly a good iem to recommend to people, unless they want to gamle on getting a good set.

There are many who got good Urbanfun's including the starter of this thread. I have had duff KZ's, and other faulty ChiFi IEM's. ChiFi IEM's are a risky business. My LZ Mini came quite marked, but returning them was not an option . ChiFi is a risk by it's nature. I would love to hear from all those who have received the Urban fun whether QC was OK. I've seen three people complain about QC. Many say they are fantastic. Most others complain that at the moment they are not receiving the one's they have ordered and with the sad virus around that makes sense. You do listen........ and give good reviews and opinions. Some others are just mumbling nonsense.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #447 of 1,184
There are many who got good Urbanfun's including the starter of this thread. I have had duff KZ's, and other faulty ChiFi IEM's. ChiFi IEM's are a risky business. My LZ Mini came quite marked, but returning them was not an option . ChiFi is a risk by it's nature. I would love to hear from all those who have received the Urban fun whether QC was OK. I've seen three people complain about QC. Many say they are fantastic. Most others complain that at the moment they are not receiving the one's they have ordered and with the sad virus around that makes sense. You do listen........ and give good reviews and opinions. Some others are just mumbling nonsense.
I guess I have been really lucky not to get a set with QC problems then :grin:. Yeah, people tend to be more vocal when they have problems rather than not. So there should be more people with good sets rather bad ones (It could also just be personal taste).

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #448 of 1,184
I don't think there is any stock available at the moment. UF store on Ali doesn't sell them anymore and those I bought from them on March 27th haven't shipped so far. By contrast my order from FAAEAL has already arrived (An Hibiscus, don't buy this) and my order from Pizen (checking out the DLC) is in the air.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #449 of 1,184
I don't think there is any stock available at the moment. UF store on Ali doesn't sell them anymore and those I bought from them on March 27th haven't shipped so far. By contrast my order from FAAEAL has already arrived (An Hibiscus, don't buy this) and my order from Pizen (checking out the DLC) is in the air.
did you get the hibiscus because of the stock cable?

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #450 of 1,184
I guess I have been really lucky not to get a set with QC problems then :grin:. Yeah, people tend to be more vocal when they have problems rather than not. So there should be more people with good sets rather bad ones (It could also just be personal taste).

Did you get your UF set already?
I liked my UF before the right piece died. I am new to this hobby and have no idea the terms people use in head-fi, not really care about it anyway. My ears enjoyed these UF as much as I enjoyed the blon bl3. I bought these UF because of the good words in the thread.
Will I buy them again? Probably not as I won't bet.
I shared the QC problem I experienced because I wanted people to know the QC issue might still persist. I guess this one of objectives why we have such forum. I hope I am not wrong about it.

Btw, how is your ISN D10? I might get mine this week, hopefully.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back