URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Apr 1, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #408 of 1,184
Mine hasn't been shipped yet even though I ordered 20 days ago. Stil says that shipment information is collected /:
I inquired them today.

Attachments

• DD.JPG
    DD.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #410 of 1,184
Shows how subjective this is. I used the Tin T2 for a few months. Now I use the YBF and I find it better sounding. I hear it different to you because we all have different ears, perceptions, likes, dislikes etc, etc. There are many opinions that finalise themselves in 'do we enjoy and gain from our musical experience'.

In no way I'm saying T2 is better, it goes more to preference of sound signature. It really depends on music genre as well, but you can't oversee the fact that YBF fails with acoustic music and vocal reproduction. I tried to push various of artist through them and even now just played very forgiving track beginning of tommy guerrero road to nowhere album. Even though guitar hits some sweet notes, but once subbass rolls whole track is so out of tune. If sound engineer tuned reproduction as per YBF for live gigs I swear we would get complains from artists.

This is a no go if you listening for acoustic, live recordings, unless you don't care how instruments sounds in reality and mesh together, but I haven't found such qualities in any budget IEM.

This perfectly fits for electronic music, unless it's more relaxed sounding like horikawa - bubbles, due to it's grainy/dry texture it won't sound as organic, but does a decent job.
pop/hip-pop sounded good as well, but I'm not a big fan there, can't say for heavier music like metal,rock i think this energetic treble and crispness maybe even add more excitment.

For me YBF is like a crazy girlfriend that you can rock in the festival, but feel ashamed once you show her to your parents or bring to the theater

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #412 of 1,184
I think Slater's new batch was received before linsoul/DD-audio start selling YBF.
Those non-beryllium sets are supposes to be a imrprovement over beryllium sets accroding to CS of urbanfun.
Gathering infomation I found from threads of chinese forum,they start selling non-bery one from mid-december but will switch back to bery one at Feb 2020(delayed to march because of virus issue) due to many people asking them to sell the bery one.
I guess YBFs on aliexpress right now are bery driver since everyone wants the bery one.

Yes, when I bought my original set in November 2019, it was only available directly from Urbanfun (UF Audio Store on Aliexpress).

That was before the big hype, before BGGAR review, before other sellers were carrying them, etc). At the time, it was right after @FastAndClean got his.

Anyways, my replacement ‘new batch’ ones were sent directly from Urbanfun in December 2019, and again at the time there were no other sellers and it was still basically unknown.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #413 of 1,184
In no way I'm saying T2 is better, it goes more to preference of sound signature. It really depends on music genre as well, but you can't oversee the fact that YBF fails with acoustic music and vocal reproduction. I tried to push various of artist through them and even now just played very forgiving track beginning of tommy guerrero road to nowhere album. Even though guitar hits some sweet notes, but once subbass rolls whole track is so out of tune. If sound engineer tuned reproduction as per YBF for live gigs I swear we would get complains from artists.

This is a no go if you listening for acoustic, live recordings, unless you don't care how instruments sounds in reality and mesh together, but I haven't found such qualities in any budget IEM.

This perfectly fits for electronic music, unless it's more relaxed sounding like horikawa - bubbles, due to it's grainy/dry texture it won't sound as organic, but does a decent job.
pop/hip-pop sounded good as well, but I'm not a big fan there, can't say for heavier music like metal,rock i think this energetic treble and crispness maybe even add more excitment.

For me YBF is like a crazy girlfriend that you can rock in the festival, but feel ashamed once you show her to your parents or bring to the theater

Totally different to my experience and of many others too. I was lucky to get an early version with a working MMCX. I have about 30 IEMs and Buds and numerous headphones and I find these Beryllium driven IEMs perfect. I swap between these the Blon 03 and sometimes C.Audio SE1s. To me I am really happy with the great sound they give. In the UK we call it 'horses for courses'. To my ears these Urbanfuns are great to you not so. Who is right? Neither of us. If these sound great to the many then they are a significant IEM. I really enjoy the music I hear through these. Everybody is different.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #414 of 1,184
I haven't done any "ABX" between the two so will refrain to comment on "absolute" bass quality between the two. One of the reason I like the UF a lot is that besides its, for me, pleasing overall tonal balance and clarity, I have no other earphone that renders toms in such a tight, tactile and well separated manner.
Have you listened to anything with Simon Philips as the drummer? The Hiromi Trio Project albums have some of the best drum recordings of drums I’ve ever heard. As a drummer I appreciate these types of natural and well mastered “live” sounding studio recordings.

Im still debating on the UF YFB 014 but I do like visceral bass well presented drums.

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #415 of 1,184
Have you listened to anything with Simon Philips as the drummer? The Hiromi Trio Project albums have some of the best drum recordings of drums I’ve ever heard. As a drummer I appreciate these types of natural and well mastered “live” sounding studio recordings.

Im still debating on the UF YFB 014 but I do like visceral bass well presented drums.

I had to google the name and I sure did listen to that guy more than a few times but that was all quite long ago (decades). I think the UF are exceptional with toms but I'm not sure they will fit your bill overall as I've discovered lately that a few people hate them with a passion. If you really wanna know you know what you've got to do.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #417 of 1,184
@FastAndClean Have you done the mesh filter mod on the blon 03? Can you compare the mesh modded 03 with the ISS014? Might actually just cancel my order after waiting for 2 months since the 03 sounds really good now....thanks to slater lol.

Apr 1, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #418 of 1,184
@FastAndClean Have you done the mesh filter mod on the blon 03? Can you compare the mesh modded 03 with the ISS014? Might actually just cancel my order after waiting for 2 months since the 03 sounds really good now....thanks to slater lol.
no, i like the sound stock and my OCD is telling me "dont do it fool", even if i do it the Urbanfun is no longer with me, i send it to a friend in Denmark for free

Apr 1, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #419 of 1,184
no, i like the sound stock and my OCD is telling me "dont do it fool", even if i do it the Urbanfun is no longer with me, i send it to a friend in Denmark for free
Oh sorry, forgot you sent it away.

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #420 of 1,184

Drums sounds ok on YBF(less on live music), I enjoyed African hand drum, if track is well mastered will give you that realistic thump of air together with sound. For me it's mainly mid and a bit higher frequencies that I can't get through as I have a better option. Listened to a really nice tune Hiromi Trio - Alive(Live studio) while YBF sounds more energetic, instruments come in with authority and can give you a feeling of better detailed sound, my old pm3 meshes sound in a more subtle way and brings tune to real live performance.If you really want to hear live music I would look elsewhere and save $ instead as in the long run for such music you will be more happy with better phones. I don't believe that there was some technical advance done in all these years to be able to find such qualities in budget iem as I've ordered many of them based on crazy reviews, but I do believe you can be a music lover even with the cheapest in-ear or headphone. Everyone has different experience, taste and perception of sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back