Upscale Audio
Feb 7, 2002 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a set of tubes for my MG Head OTL from Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio. He recomended a Mullard CV4004 and a pair of Ei EL84's. The tubes arrived very, well packaged and marked with all the measurements marked on the boxes. I finally got to try the tubes. They sound just, right. They are not a night and day difference from the other tubes I had. Maybe a little less "edgey". JJ Tesla EL84's and a Telefunken EC83. Tubes are cool. I would recomend Upscale to anyone.

Lextek
cool.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 13
Have you seen his latest line of woody/couch ads? They crack me up. But I can relate, and I think that's the point.

Feb 7, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
...som info on tube use with the tubes.

confused.gif
There's more to just plugging them in and biasing them?

Feb 7, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
confused.gif
There's more to just plugging them in and biasing them?

Biasing?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually the ZOTL is "plug and play". It's self-biasing (so easy to use you'd think it was solid state until you heard it). Plug in a new tube, let it warm up for a bit, and you're off...
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2002 at 2:21 PM Post #10 of 13
This the place in Hollywood Florida? That's within driving distance for me. He is havning a Stereo Flea Market soon, and it is very very tempting to go spend....

Feb 10, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 13
Kevin is the man.I have talked with him many times on the phone,but finally got to meet him in Vegas.BTW he know has really cool faceplates for the AH! cd players.they are free if you own one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back