UPS Screwed Up?
Jul 8, 2005 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

I've recieved many pacakges from UPS in the past, and their tracking system is one of the best I have ever used. However, for the last day, the tracking has not updated - is anyone experiencing this? Could it have anything to do with the turmoil in Europe? (heightened security)

UPS shows Jul 6, 2005 6:26 A.M as their latest info, and it was a departure scan from SECAUCUS, NJ, US. It was originally sent out in LAKEWOOD, NJ, US and was sent to SECAUCUS. Shipping is UPS Canada Standard.

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 36
I doubt it has anything to do with the Europe turmoil. I have a package that was updated on the 7th.
Its possible your package is just on a long leg of the journey. From my experience with UPS there is sometimes a day gap or so between scans.
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #3 of 36
my package from Ohio to CA was shipped on the 6th and hasnt been updated since. i'm not worried, dont forget, UPS sucks

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
my package from Ohio to CA was shipped on the 6th and hasnt been updated since. i'm not worried, dont forget, UPS sucks

Thanks for the reissurance guys.. if the HD650s are lost I will be deeply upset (although I could get my money back, but that would be a 1 month delay from experiencing the HD650s)

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 36
Hmm, Are you aware of USP brokages fee?

Did you ship with UPS ground with full value declared? If you did you might be surprise by the brokage fee they charge to say the least.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Good luck on your soon to arrived new phones.

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
Hmm, Are you aware of USP brokages fee?

Did you ship with UPS ground with full value declared? If you did you might be surprise by the brokage fee they charge to say the least.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Good luck on your soon to arrived new phones.

Fool me once shame on you.. fool me twice shame on... the fooled don't get fooled again
eggosmile.gif

Hehe. It was declared with a value of $38, a gift, and labelled as a Waranty Service Return. Should not be a brokerage fee, and if there is, shouldn't be like the $60 I had to pay last time on a $100 package.

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 36
dont worry, you'll get them. whether or not they come working and in one piece is a different story....

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
very_evil_smiley.gif
Did you see This tread
very_evil_smiley.gif
Ok ok not funny
biggrin.gif

Well.. let's hope Shure didn't label it as a Warranty Service Return..

Even if they do.. I'm fine with choking up ~$30 on a $400 headphone..
eggosmile.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 36
It's now the 8th and it still hasn't updated. Anyone else having this problem?

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 36
me too. shipped over 48 hours ago and still no update. i'm still not worried

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
It's now the 8th and it still hasn't updated. Anyone else having this problem?

If UPS Canadian Standard is ground shipping its probably still in the back of the truck. If that's the case UPS won't scan it again until it arrives at a processing center near its final destination. Even driving 24 hrs a day it would take several days to get to BC from NJ. I've had UPS ground shipments from the east coast not get updated for several days because of this. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, I'm sure it will arrive in due time.

MJ

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicJunkie
If UPS Canadian Standard is ground shipping its probably still in the back of the truck. If that's the case UPS won't scan it again until it arrives at a processing center near its final destination. Even driving 24 hrs a day it would take several days to get to BC from NJ. I've had UPS ground shipments from the east coast not get updated for several days because of this. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, I'm sure it will arrive in due time.

MJ

Well, my last shipment from Nevada to here was updated twice a day.. so that's why I'm worrying.

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #14 of 36
July 9th.. three days from the last update. Feeling uneasy and extremely anxious now.

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Fool me once shame on you.. fool me twice shame on... the fooled don't get fooled again
eggosmile.gif

Hehe. It was declared with a value of $38, a gift, and labelled as a Waranty Service Return. Should not be a brokerage fee, and if there is, shouldn't be like the $60 I had to pay last time on a $100 package.

Only problem with that is if UPS damages or loses the package, you are entitled to $38 only. Have a nice weekend
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back