UPS Guy is a freakin $@!hole!
Jul 26, 2005 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

XxATOLxX

Headphoneus Supremus
Today I went to a UPS truck to drop off my usual shipments and there was this old guy working today who had a seriously bad attitude. The guy actually had the balls to take my packages and just throw them in the truck like garbage, I was getting ready to just knock this guy upside his head! Then he starts complaining at me to get UPS Pickup but I've told him time and time again that I don't ship packages daily and they just come up when I need to. If I paid for UPS postage online don't I have the right to drop it off at a UPS truck without getting bitched at?
mad.gif
Fearing something might happen to my package with him I just kept my mouth shut.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
Today I went to a UPS truck to drop off my usual shipments and there was this old guy working today who had a seriously bad attitude. The guy actually had the balls to take my packages and just throw them in the truck like garbage, I was getting ready to just knock this guy upside his head! Then he starts complaining at me to get UPS Pickup but I've told him time and time again that I don't ship packages daily and they just come up when I need to. If I paid for UPS postage online don't I have the right to drop it off at a UPS truck without getting bitched at?
mad.gif
Fearing something might happen to my package with him I just kept my mouth shut.

Was the stuff inside the package fragile?

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 25
One of many reasons that I AT LEAST double box just about everything I send. I also use tons of bubble wraps and packing peanuts, along with enough tape to cause arthritis to those who try to open the package. The last thing anyone's ever going to tell me is that I didn't pack well enough.

EDIT - And insurance, of course.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 25
People in the shipping industry are usually like that. They seem to always toss the boxes without giving a crap about what's inside them. My friend who works for USPS told me to be careful when I package stuff, cuz that's all they do - just throw the boxes around the freight rooms till they get to the truck at the end.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
mad.gif

file as many complaints w/ ups corporate and regional managers as possilbe, it would be a service to everyone who uses that ups hub

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 25
When you're handling hundreds+ packages a day, I suppose it's tiring for some to baby each and every one of them. Of course, no generalizations can be made - not all package handlers are so careless in my personal observations and experience.

I'll agree about the packing extra well, and purchasing insurance when available if it's a fragile item. Accidents happen, and not always due to the handler's fault.

Jul 26, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 25
my cousin lives in Florida, and when we were visiting them, his friends came over. they were very high and were bitching that they have work tomorow. it turns out they work for UPS. they told me that when they get pissed off, they break packages, then put a "recieved damaged" label and send it to repack. they even told me not to use UPS. i had an arguement w/ my UPS guy, after that we ship ALL packages to my dad's work.

Jul 26, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #12 of 25
there is a whole site on the inside of UPS and how things are tossed..I prefer Fed-Ex.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #14 of 25
Set up a video camera in the corner and catch the guy bitching at you on tape. Tape him tossing your packages around. Make copies and send them to UPS execs. They'll definitely take action as they wouldn't want such undeniable evidence suddenly appearing on the web or the nightly news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back