UPS Guy is a freakin $@!hole!
Jul 26, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rellik
the shipping world is crappy but in my opinion DHL is the best

I used to work for DHL, and trust me, we're no different lol...

so you came up to the UPS guy and handed over your package? did you see him on the street? or was he in your office to drop something off? with DHL, we NEVER accept any packages handed over to us on the street or wherever. the customer has to call customer service or call to schedule a pickup, the dispatch will then send a message onto the scanner. and thats when the driver will then drop by your house/office to pickup your package. this was with DHL though, but I assume its gotta be the same with the other courier services.

Jul 26, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 25
DHL might not do that but it is UPS policy that you can give any package to any driver that you see on the street or in a building making a delivery it doesn't matter they have to take it.

Jul 26, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 25
I see. maybe because DHL has had a bomb-scare once that they have that policy now. one of the drivers delivered a suspicious package to a building somewhere in DC, and the customer didn't open it and reported it. to make a story short, Cops, DEA etc... were in our warehouse for a few days interviewing people.

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 25
Having worked at UPS in my freshman year, I could tell you right now, that if you complain, he will get in a LOT of trouble. UPS SERIOUSLY frowns on throwing packages, now add to that poor customer service, and he will definatelly not have a nice time with his supperiors.

Should you complain though? That all depands on how poorly he treated ya. Best thing to do would be to try to ship something again with him, and if he tosses it again, report his ass.

Jul 26, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #22 of 25
I bought a limited edition Fender Telecaster on eBay. The seller used UPS as the carrier and when it arrived I could tell it had been opened. There was a new hairline scratch on the guitar and packing material had found its way inside of the case with the Tele.

Thankfully the seller insured it for the full value and I was able to get my money back. But ever since then I've been all about the FedEx.

Jul 26, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10
Having worked at UPS in my freshman year, I could tell you right now, that if you complain, he will get in a LOT of trouble. UPS SERIOUSLY frowns on throwing packages, now add to that poor customer service, and he will definatelly not have a nice time with his supperiors.

Very true. I once had a UPS driver forge my signature and drop my gateway computer on my doorstep while I was at work. He left a GIANT COW BOX on my doorstep. It didn't make it through the afternoon. I called and eventually recieved another computer, but the driver who did that was fined the price of the computer ($1500) plus suspended for a week.

Jul 26, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 25
well what happened with my driver was that he would never even ring the door bell (i live in apt. building) nor leave a note. he would go and leave at super. if he wasnt home, he would just take it back. when he did that with my Ety 6i, i was very pissed off coz i was home waiting for it, i called and left a complaint. then the next week, he didnt leave a note again, so i called them again, the CSR asked me if it'd be ok if he redelivered that night, so he comes back and i was outside walking my dog, he says "why do you bother me? its not like this is anything important (it was an order from ebags w/ huge ebags sticker)" i was so pissed off but just said that i was offered redelivery by CSR. then later that evning i get a phone call from local UPS, a VERY rude lady was on the phone bitching at ME for complaining at the driver. he was talking over me, was saying things like "now the driver is gonna get in trouble for you" she said that if im not hope 80% of the time when he delivers, he is not even gonna bother ringing my bell..... after that i didnt get a single UPS package home and in couple of months we got a new UPS guy who is very good at what he does.

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #25 of 25
If you want to get the UPS guy in serious trouble you simply have to complain about his behaviour the right way.
Don't complain via a call center or via email or via fax.This ways a supervisor would intercept your complaint, resulting in no or minor trouble for the guy.
Send a letter via snail mail to the center manager, he will read it.
This means very serious trouble for the guy.Very, very serious.
Usual part of the procedure in such cases is that the guy will be forced to apologize personally at your door.

Edit:
Cosmopragma, UPS manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back