UPS Battery and Power strip
Nov 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Obieworld

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Need a gentle advice here,

Living in Africa, it's useless to say that our electricity source is not the best in the world… a lot of flux distortions, blackouts, etc.…

Therefore, I invested a time ago in power strip and cables, here is my quick power setup :

Wall - Wireworld Aurora 7Wireworld Matrix 2 Power strip - Wireworld Aurora 7DAC/AMP
(from the strip there is also my Monitor and PC, but with default cables)

Until now everything worked well, it doesn’t resolve the blackouts, but have a minimum control regarding the electricity flux.

But, I received yesterday an external UPS battery ! The APC Back UPS Pro 1500VA ! The purpose is to connect my whole desktop system on it (DAC/AMP, Monitor and PC). But I still have the “Wireworld Matrix 2 Power strip”….

I was thinking is there any sense to put the power strip to the battery… ? Will it approve something in a certain way?? extra flux control? extra power isolation?

I’m actually not so used in battery stuff (first time), I know that it controls better the electricity because it is provided from the battery and not directly from the source and has AVR, but is this a better solution regarding my audio set (DAC/AMP) comparing the strip being solo ?

I’m actually also wondering if the power cable (Wireworld Aurora 7) has also an advantage to be connected from the battery to the DAC/AMP ? (if I choose to not using the strip anymore)

Otherwise I will certainly find another purpose for it ! :wink:

Many thanks !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back