Ups and downs of of my first few day's with the 334tg's
May 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mordicai

100+ Head-Fier
Received them on Friday from ALO Audio. Seems like it took about 6-10 hours for them to do most of their burning in. A huge change in SQ  over that time. Put on my HD600's a few minutes ago, for the first time since Friday. Been wearing the Fitears's most of each day. My first pair of IEM's. What a totally different experience. Outragous!! I'm so glad I went for the big bucks and bypassed the mid ground. Very easy on my ears. More so then my HD600. I think it has a lot to do with the way the sound is delivered to my ear. My headphone feel all closed in compared to the Fitears. I'm having a lot of fun, and hearing some nice tunes.
The bad is ALO Audio. I build a lot of my stuff and thats a part of my audio hobby. I get off on listening to music on stuff Ive built( all from kits). So when I got my Fitears the first thing I wanted to do was make some braided silver-plated cables. I sourced the wire and mini plug, but found there are NO aftermarket Fitear connectors available. After two phone calls and two emails to ALO they finally sent me an e-mail letting me know that they were unable to sell me a pair of pin connectors. Jeez, I've just spent $1,350 with these guys not 72 hrs earlier. I wrote back asking if they could suggest an alternative but they are obviously not really interested in my business or me as a customer, so I haven't heard back. I guess I can make a model,a mold and cast one myself. Tried buying a set from Brian.Goto, but he hasn't gotten back to me either. A bummer until I get it figured out.
Fiio X5, arrives tomorrow. Been using my I phone which sucks. Made a nice silver-plated braided 4ft extension this morning so I could listen through my Emotiva Dac. That is such a nicer sound then the I phone. Anybody have any suggestions for 334 connectors, they would be appreciated....Max

May 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 10
What kind of plug would that be? Don't know of any cheap fitear cables. How would yor scavenge a molded plug ?

May 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 10
  I think Sennheiser HD-25/600/650 plugs should work.

audio gearYes my Sennheiser plugs will fit if I file off a couple of millimeter from the pins. However the Sennheiser(Cardas,Cinese) pins do not lend themselves to be a good choice for the Fitear334's. The pins that ALO use look to be close if not the same as the original Fitear connectors, and that they work well and are an attractive design. I spent $1345 for a pair of headphone from ALO, and the least they can do for me is to allow me to buy a set of connectors. Hell, they won't even return my e-mails.  We are a small group of people who spend outrageous sums of money on audio gear, but we get treated like the hired help by pompous high end dealers who take the money on run. Sorry about the rant, but I find the fact that no one will sell me a set of Fitear 334 plugs just outrageous.

May 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 10
  Just today on twitter fitear posted about connectors from luna shop

Well thats just awesome MuZo2!! Thanks so much for the heads up. Headfi comes through again. To bad that  one of Fitears only sources in the USA for their products, AOL, didn't have the time to help out a $1,350 customer with some info. First and last time I ever shop with them. Ordered a couple of connecters from LUNASHOPS.

May 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #10 of 10
I think ALO not AOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back