Upgrading!
Jun 30, 2010 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GreatoGrado

Head-Fier
I have a pair of Grado SR125is and I want to move to something more HiFi. I like the Grado sound, but sometimes it is painful (the sibilance at higher volumes.) I listen to rock (like rush) light country like Lyle Lovett, acoustic like Clapton Unplugged, reggae, ska etc. so lots of things, but no drums n bass or techno, and once in a while a small dose of rap. I was looking at the HD650, but then I might need a new amp, so they might be out. Budget max $400 with amp if needed and not a penny more. (ok maybe a penny
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks

Jun 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 8
I'll say that compared to the SR60i (and most likely the bowled 125i), the HF2 has next to no sibilance. Even when I try to listen for it I don't notice it, unless the recording itself is bad. But I don't listen loud. The treble is really smooth and detailed, but still bright. The added benefit of staying Grado is no need to upgrade the amp.

Still, you're paying at least in part for the 10% Head-fi donation and the "limited" edition name. If you're not interested in funding either of those, there may be better options.

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 8
I would love an HF 2, but I wont have all of the money until august 7th (my birthday) I will be turning 16, so I don't have many ways to earn money
frown.gif
. If I had the money now my order would already be in.

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 8
While not ideal, you could plug a pair of D2000s right into your iPod, or better yet, get a HeadRoom Total AirHead/BitHead to go with it.  A true combo indeed.  $228.00 for the Denons, $150.00 for the airhead, and shipping for both would put you somewhere around $400.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back