Upgrading my Ultrasone HFI-580's, Suggestions?
Feb 15, 2013 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Seanmike

New Head-Fier
So I've had my 580's for almost a year now and I loved them. But now I have some extra cash and Im looking to upgrade to something even better with some better comfort as well, and maybe with some better looks. Although, quality, comfort, and sound is more important to me in the end.

Im looking in the range of $300-$350.

Ive looked into the Ultrasone Pro 900's which seem nice, but I'm curious to see what else is out there. 

I'll mainly be using them for music listening. I produce music as well and used the 580's for writing, a little mixing, and checking sub frequencies.
Genres I mainly listen to are all types of electronic sub genres (EDM, Dubstep, Trance, Ambient, Electro House, etc) Hip Hop, and R&B.
So bass is important to me.

So what are some suggestions you guys can give, so I know where to start looking?

Thanks in advance! 

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 4
For your genres I liked the Sennheiser HD650 the most (if you prefer controlled and HQ bass over "beats-like" op and uncontrolled bass)
They are not the most comfortable cans but one gets used to them quite quickly I guess. And Sound quality is really nice.
U might also take a look at the Hifiman HE-400.. but I didn't listen to them yet

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
For your genres I liked the Sennheiser HD650 the most (if you prefer controlled and HQ bass over "beats-like" op and uncontrolled bass)
They are not the most comfortable cans but one gets used to them quite quickly I guess. And Sound quality is really nice.
U might also take a look at the Hifiman HE-400.. but I didn't listen to them yet

Yeah, comfort is something im looking for with these next pair of headphones. The 580's werent bad, and I got used to them. But I wear my headphones for long periods of time. So something with some nice pads is preferred. 

Any other suggestions?

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Yeah, comfort is something im looking for with these next pair of headphones. The 580's werent bad, and I got used to them. But I wear my headphones for long periods of time. So something with some nice pads is preferred. 

Any other suggestions?

the 650s comfort isnt that bad.. u just have to loosen up the "death grip" and they will please u! I would give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back