Upgrading headphones for work ($2-300 suggestions needed)
Sep 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

acold7dusta

New Head-Fier
My current setup for my desk job is: Zune 30-Millet Max Hybrid (DIY)-Grado SR60. The SR60s were cutting it for a while, but i need closed cans to cancel out all the annoyances in the office setting. I would like to keep to price under $300, and they MUST be comfortable!

I'm a basshead at heart, and usually find myself listening to anything from death metal to trance to hip hop to psychedelic rock to indie rock...

A few cans ive been considering: Beyerdynamic DT770, Audio Technica A700, Denon D2000.

Any other options/input would be great.

Edit: my source (zune 30) and amp (millet max) will be the same.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi there=]
Of the cans listed, I've only heard the dt770'80s. They are very comfy and have a slew of fun bass. The mids can be recessed, but get better as the recording quality gets better, ime.

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by acold7dusta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i need closed cans to cancel out all the annoyances in the office setting. I would like to keep to price under $300, and they MUST be comfortable!

I'm a basshead at heart, and usually find myself listening to anything from death metal to trance to hip hop to psychedelic rock to indie rock...

You've defined your need for the DT770.

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the replies!

i was leaning towards the 770s since the A700s arent really in the same category and anyone that compared the 770s to the D2000s tended to all lean in favor of the 770s. I'll probably see if anyone in the buffalo area has a set that i can demo/listen to before i order a set (i HATE blindly buying)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back