Upgrading from TF10, out of necessity :/
Nov 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

boucarion

New Head-Fier
I lost my TF10s two days ago and after two days of intense crying I've decided to pick up the pieces and carry on.

As a college student, I'm going to have to starve for a month and a half to recuperate my losses, but I'd like suggestions on what to do now.

I bought my TF10s for around 190 on eBay about 8 months ago.. $200 is the cap on how much i'll spend on headphones, 250 TOPS.

Are there any headphones BETTER than the TF10 I can purchase for <250, or would it be best for me to just buy another pair of TF10s...?

I enjoy balanced audio with accurate and punchy tase, and good treble/mid reproduction.. I listen to a lot of soul, blues... instrumental heavy music .

Questions, comments, insults? Thanks!

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 7
T-PEOS H-100 Hyrbid IEM.

$120 with Head-Fi discount including express EMS 2 -3 shipping. I sold my TF10 less than one week owning H-100 and couldn't be happier. Very transparent mid range will give you the ability to hear every layer of sound beneath the other. Very crisp high resolution SQ, Soundstage and imaging far advanced than TF10. Almost all of TF10 goodness and none of its weakness.

People are still discovering H-100 it's relatively new but members who have sold there Westone 3 one day after hearing H-100. I for one sold my entire collection for this earphone. For $120 it's an absolute steal with the Head-Fi discoun.t Normally $178 on ebay.

Here's a review

http://denkami.blogspot.com/2012/07/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-in-ear.html

Here's our thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
T-PEOS H-100 Hyrbid IEM.

+1 

Westone 3 could be an alternative as well, or if you want to downgrade, UE700 has similar SQ.

So do some reading/research on HF on these 3 alternatives, and decide for yourself, IMHO, the CLOSEST signature to TF10 would be Westone 3

H-100's treble and bass quality are better than TF10, but bass quantity and mids are slightly behind TF10

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
It seems like the Westones have really stiff pricing... e.g. I won't be able to buy it significantly under the MSRP like I did the TF10s... 

I think W3 sound is a little more 'sophisticated' than TF10, though TF10 is way more fun, especially with EDM, there is nothing else that trumps TF10 for EDM to me, and thus, it is still my number one IEM 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #6 of 7
One side of my tf 10's dropped to half volume....argh! So I started searching for a reasonably priced new pair. Was hoping for a Black Friday deal. In the process I was looking at Vsonics, Fischer and Rockit. I was surprised to find the T-Peos H 100. I read about the Audiofly hybrid earphones but mixed reviews about midrange disuaded me
The H 100 is noticeanbly better than my. upgraded cable Tf 10's...read appreciation thread on this site. I love em...almost makes me grateful my 10's died. Fit and builty embarras the UE's. FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back