Upgrading from Sennheiser Game One
Sep 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

macieqq

New Head-Fier
Hey. I currently own Sennheiser Game One headset. I am about to sell these due to uncomfortable fit (wearing glasses) and an annoying mic - I have this constant feeling that I'm going to break it soon.

I don't want to get another headset and I'd like to buy proper headphones and an external mic instead. I play CS:GO 60% of the time and listen to music for the remaining 40%. For gaming I would of course like to hear stuff like footsteps etc. but in music on the other hand, I prefer to have more bass - not too much like in Fidelio X2 though (owned them for a while; they were fatiguing).

My budget is around € 200-250 together with a mic (V-Moda/Antlion?). Could you please give me some recommendations?

Oh, and I would prefer the headset to have removable cable. Thanks in advance!

Sep 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 7
Sep 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Thank you for your reply. However, I would like to avoid Massdrop. I live in Europe and I don't want to pay all those taxes, which are almost equal to the headphones price in some cases.

Sep 15, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 7
Hey. I currently own Sennheiser Game One headset. I am about to sell these due to uncomfortable fit (wearing glasses) and an annoying mic - I have this constant feeling that I'm going to break it soon.
I don't want to get another headset and I'd like to buy proper headphones and an external mic instead. I play CS:GO 60% of the time and listen to music for the remaining 40%. For gaming I would of course like to hear stuff like footsteps etc. but in music on the other hand, I prefer to have more bass - not too much like in Fidelio X2 though (owned them for a while; they were fatiguing).
My budget is around € 200-250 together with a mic (V-Moda/Antlion?). Could you please give me some recommendations?
Oh, and I would prefer the headset to have removable cable. Thanks in advance!

Audio Technica ATH-A990Z
Fostex T50RP

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks I will look these up. After doing my own research I limited my choice to ATH-R70X and AKG K712 Pro. Both are way over my budget but they look like some solid picks. What would you say about those? How do they compare to your suggestions?
What headphone amplifier do you have, as both appear to need to be used with a decent headphone amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back