Upgrading from Sennheiser Game One
post-14485825
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 7

macieqq

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
Poland
Joined
Jun 22, 2017
Location
Poland
Posts
26
Likes
1
Hey. I currently own Sennheiser Game One headset. I am about to sell these due to uncomfortable fit (wearing glasses) and an annoying mic - I have this constant feeling that I'm going to break it soon.



I don't want to get another headset and I'd like to buy proper headphones and an external mic instead. I play CS:GO 60% of the time and listen to music for the remaining 40%. For gaming I would of course like to hear stuff like footsteps etc. but in music on the other hand, I prefer to have more bass - not too much like in Fidelio X2 though (owned them for a while; they were fatiguing).



My budget is around € 200-250 together with a mic (V-Moda/Antlion?). Could you please give me some recommendations?



Oh, and I would prefer the headset to have removable cable. Thanks in advance!
 
     Share This Post       
post-14485837
Post #2 of 7

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,720
Reaction score
1,757
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,720
Likes
1,757
     Share This Post       
post-14485918
Post #3 of 7

macieqq

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
Poland
Joined
Jun 22, 2017
Location
Poland
Posts
26
Likes
1
Thank you for your reply. However, I would like to avoid Massdrop. I live in Europe and I don't want to pay all those taxes, which are almost equal to the headphones price in some cases.
 
     Share This Post       
post-14485986
Post #4 of 7

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,720
Reaction score
1,757
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,720
Likes
1,757
Hey. I currently own Sennheiser Game One headset. I am about to sell these due to uncomfortable fit (wearing glasses) and an annoying mic - I have this constant feeling that I'm going to break it soon.
I don't want to get another headset and I'd like to buy proper headphones and an external mic instead. I play CS:GO 60% of the time and listen to music for the remaining 40%. For gaming I would of course like to hear stuff like footsteps etc. but in music on the other hand, I prefer to have more bass - not too much like in Fidelio X2 though (owned them for a while; they were fatiguing).
My budget is around € 200-250 together with a mic (V-Moda/Antlion?). Could you please give me some recommendations?
Oh, and I would prefer the headset to have removable cable. Thanks in advance!
Audio Technica ATH-A990Z
Fostex T50RP
 
     Share This Post       
post-14486387
Post #5 of 7

macieqq

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
Poland
Joined
Jun 22, 2017
Location
Poland
Posts
26
Likes
1
Audio Technica ATH-A990Z
Fostex T50RP
Thanks I will look these up. After doing my own research I limited my choice to ATH-R70X and AKG K712 Pro. Both are way over my budget but they look like some solid picks. What would you say about those? How do they compare to your suggestions?
 
     Share This Post       
post-14486450
Post #6 of 7

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,720
Reaction score
1,757
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,720
Likes
1,757
Thanks I will look these up. After doing my own research I limited my choice to ATH-R70X and AKG K712 Pro. Both are way over my budget but they look like some solid picks. What would you say about those? How do they compare to your suggestions?
What headphone amplifier do you have, as both appear to need to be used with a decent headphone amplifier.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top