upgrading from cx300, ideas?
Oct 10, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
super fi 10 pro? Don't You mean Triple Fi 10 Pro?

Sorry, yes, I do mean the Triple Fi. I have so many I forget their names!!!

Ian

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #18 of 23
Oh PS, here's a link to SoundEarphones.com, which carries the Atrios and appears to do international shipping

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #19 of 23
Hey there everyone is stearing you toward higher end canalphones.

Headroom (Headphone.com has some real honest reviews)

$0-$50/USD Denon C551 or
new Senns cx300 of 400

$50-100/USD Senn cx500's or Q-jays but Q-jays take alot of maint.

Over $100.00 Start thinking about Customs but then you'll be changing from dynamic drivers to Balanced Armature drivers and your brain will need a little break-in time.

Hearyourslf.com/ Alien Ears AE1's
The least expensive of all of the custom molded and I like them. I have the C3's but the jury is still out.
Live Wires only have Dual Driver and start at 250/ USD but have good reviews.

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #21 of 23
I went from cx300's to Audio Technica ATH-CK7's.
Bought them from a head fi member for £25 with a selection of different tips but they're worth the £65 new.

The sound is well balanced, with good detail, although they'll sound bright and fatuiging for a while after having CX300's.

The bass is well controlled and definately not lacking either. You get a good thump and good prescence without muddying up the rest of the sound.

I lost them the other day (thankfully found them again now) and had to use my old knackered sennhiesers and they sounded like crap compared to the CK7's.

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by downbc1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have used atrio m5 but the bass of cx300 is better than that. If you are a bass addict and do not like the high-end treble, then just stay happy with cx300.

quantity != quality.

Often people confuse this when it comes to bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back