Upgrading - for end game - advice ....
Dec 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

screwdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
im going to upgrade and my goal is to achive this in a year 's time.
The headphones i want will be the Sennheiser HD800 and Audeze LCD-3
Im looking into some amps that i need some feedback which will work the best for those who have auditioned them :  ALO Studio Six , Bakoon HPA-21 , and Ray Samuels Darkstar.

the last upgrade ill do will be my source - ill wait i while to upgrade these( naim cd player and PS , Berendsen CDP1)

wondering if there are people who have heard these amps with the HD800 and LCD 3 .

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 5
I haven't listened to it, but I heard tho that the Bakoon HPA-21 is amazing with almost all headphones.
Myself have listened to the Röcklinger tube amp, wich is amazing with HD800, feels like it's almost custom made for the Hd800 :p  (dont think its available anywhere else than sweden tho, might be able to buy it online tho and get it shipped if you mail them : http://www.akkelisaudio.com/horlurar/horlursforstarkare/rocklinger-hpa1-otl-horlursforstarkare.html)
But since that's impossible for you to audition them it would be a bad choice hehe. 

Gl finding the one you will get tho, I am looking at the exact same headphones and need an amp aswell, so I will subscribe here and see what people mention :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 5
the only thing with the HPA-21 is it has that internal battery which over time will need replacement .... and maybe after owning it about 5-10 eyars - will u be bale to get it replaced easily with no hassle? and how much will those things cost ?

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 5
There's no such thing as end-game.

Those who say  they have achieved it have either:-
1/ chickened out,
2/ their wallet suffered a catastrophic heamorrhage,
3/ their wife/girlfriend/partner/significant other/better half/financial advisor/tax department/etc  got on their case,
4/ they went deaf from too much loud music and have lost their ability to discern good sound reproduction,
5/ they have given up the chase,
6/ any other lame excuse for copping out of the glorious quest for sonic nirvana.

btw, those who say they have achieved this state are deluding themselves and will realise this when they hear something that is better than that which they currently own.

For all you who are in denial, get a reality check.

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 5
  There's no such thing as end-game.

Those who say  they have achieved it have either:-
1/ chickened out,
2/ their wallet suffered a catastrophic heamorrhage,
3/ their wife/girlfriend/partner/significant other/better half/financial advisor/tax department/etc  got on their case,
4/ they went deaf from too much loud music and have lost their ability to discern good sound reproduction,
5/ they have given up the chase,
6/ any other lame excuse for copping out of the glorious quest for sonic nirvana.

btw, those who say they have achieved this state are deluding themselves and will realise this when they hear something that is better than that which they currently own.

For all you who are in denial, get a reality check.

thats why we are called individuals - we are all different , i usually buy the best i can afford and then enjoy - i leave the headfi after upgrading for years and years to be away from all the internet  talk and impressions , and i do not go to meets to avoid temptations as well.

u can get easily carried away by this hobby 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back