Upgradetis - Opinions please
Feb 28, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 20
I agree with all the positive comments on the microdac. Its just terrific. Bit power hungry but I mostly use it with the power adapter at home and batteries for travel. I had an iBasso D1 with upgraded opamps sometime ago and like the microdac sound signature better. Gladf to note it stacks up well against the pico and corda2move. Headroom products are nice. Which is why I'm very intrigued by the headroom desktop portable. I know they have a liberal return policy but I would like to see some impression from folks here before I make a $1000 purchase.

On the amp side, the PRII is fantastic. No question about it. My only complaint is the battery life. If I can find something with better battery life and the same level of sound quality, I'll jump on it.

The HD25s are my travel cans. The 780 are in a different league and an upgrade to the HD25s in every way. I prefer the 780s to all headphones I've owned in the past (see my sig for a list). I am planning on trying some other headphones (darth beyers, UE9) in the not so distant future.

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the amp side, the PRII is fantastic. No question about it. My only complaint is the battery life. If I can find something with better battery life and the same level of sound quality, I'll jump on it.

LISA III XP does meet that at least.

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD25s are my travel cans. The 780 are in a different league and an upgrade to the HD25s in every way. I prefer the 780s to all headphones I've owned in the past (see my sig for a list). I am planning on trying some other headphones (darth beyers, UE9) in the not so distant future.

No Grados in your past?

For travel cans...see if you can audition some PK-1's...and compare to the HD25's. You may be surprised.

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LISA III XP does meet that at least.

What's the real battery life on these ?

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Grados in your past?

For travel cans...see if you can audition some PK-1's...and compare to the HD25's. You may be surprised.

I've listened to the SR325 and SR225s but my listening situations are not open can friendly. Also I find the grados too aggressive for my tastes.

thanks for the suggestion on the Yuin. I should try it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back