Upgrade USB cable?
Jul 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Erling

New Head-Fier
Hi, 
For my first ever post I'm getting in to the hornets' nest of USB cables. I've a decent set-up, at home at least, using a Centrance DacPort with Grado 325is at home, and with BeyerDynamics (I really doubt these, used SoundMagic PL30 before and think they're probably better). The source is a PC playing FLAC/APE files via ASIO. The USB cable I use is the WireWorld Ultraviolet. Now to the big question! Would there be any benefit in upgrading to the WireWorld Starlight? I am looking for a meaningful upgrade awating a US trip to get the new Grado PS500's (uncomprehesibly large difference in price between the US and Europe, as always...). I haven't seen anything that would be a portable challenge for the DacPort so that stays in the setup for now. So what do you think about USB cable upgrade?

Jul 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I felt the Audioquest USB Carbon cable made a big difference. I'm using it with a Apogee Due 2. Clarity has improved and there's no noticeable noise. Somewhere down the line I would like to try a Furutech, Cardas & a Wireworld cable.

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I felt the Audioquest USB Carbon cable made a big difference. I'm using it with a Apogee Due 2. Clarity has improved and there's no noticeable noise. Somewhere down the line I would like to try a Furutech, Cardas & a Wireworld cable.

Don't be saying that! - As a cable sceptic, I thought I was insane getting the Ultraviolet (received today), was getting ready to send it back before I'd even opened the packaging, but - glad I didn't - is great compared to the stock cable that came with my amp...  Don't want to see that going up a notch improves things further lol :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back