Upgrade Sony CD-3000 to???? iBasso D1 to ????
Aug 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well yeah, the cd3k has pretty weak bass, very bright trebles...and a fantastic SS
eek.gif

it's perfect for classical, but for anything else the lack of bass is darn annoying..

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's a hell of a gap between the boomy DT770/Pro bass and the inexistent cd3k bass.

I've had my issues with the CD3Ks treble energy (sold twice and recently bought again), but I don't remember many echoing these statements on bass, nor has it been my experience. What were you driving them with? And I've certainly never thought of them as reserved for classical cans.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #18 of 19
Very, very picky, but good suggestion except it likely takes it outside the OPs budget. AD2000 would be another in this trap.

You can probably find a SRM-1MKII/Lamba Pros cheaply here or off eBay. The CD3Ks are great bang for buck phones though if you got them new at $300 and how well they sound with even average gear. They do scale though (you should hear it with the Luxman P1), so what's your budget for bettering the DAC and amp?

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #19 of 19
Ordered the D10 from iBasso 2 days ago.Plan to give the D1 to one of the children.

A number of people has emailed me about JP audio, the JH13.

Since I purchased the Sony CD at least 15 years ago, maybe more. I figured

the cost of the JH13 can be justified in the long run.

Next step is to get ear molds.

I thank everybody who has helped me.

Regards,

TIMBER MAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back