Upgrade my Koss PortaPros
Nov 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

scarf

New Head-Fier
[size=small] Hi Headfi. Love this forum, even though I'm brand new here! Anyways, as I said in the title I would love to upgrade from my PortaPros. I think they're a great pair of headphones, but I know there's better out there if I'm willing to shell out the dough.[/size]

[size=small] What I really like about my PortaPros:[/size]

[size=small]
  1. Comfort: They sit right on my ears and I barely feel them. I thought the big flat cushions would be uncomfortable when I first got them, but the lack of clamping force against my ears make them really perfect.
  2. Lightness: The headband is so thin and small that there is no weight pushing down on your skull
  3. Sound quality: The open back feature of the PortaPros make them immensely awesome when listening to acoustic guitar. You can hear the strings like you're in the room with the artist.

[/size] [size=small] What I don't need in upgrade:[/size]

[size=small]
  1. Portability: I love that the PortaPros are portable, but it's not necessary for the next set. I'll still have the PortaPros for that!
  2. Isolation: I don't mind if sound leaks out, in fact I'm pretty sure the fact that the PortaPros are open back makes me like the sound so much.

[/size] [size=small] What I'd like to upgrade:[/size]

[size=small]
  1. Sound Quality: Like I said, I love the sound quality already, but I'd like to see if I could get a bit more clarity and detail.
  2. Cable: It's a little thin and small and doesn't look that durable
  3. Looks: They're kinda garish, but this isn't a huge deal.

[/size] [size=small] Thanks in advance for all your help![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back