Upgrade from ZMF Aeolus
May 23, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #31 of 36
The ZMF Atrium is what I decided I'll get if I can ever afford it.
I’ve been saving up for mine for a little bit, when it gets delivered I’ll report back :)

May 23, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #33 of 36
I assume you like ZMF tonality and if you want ZMF house sound with bigger stage then go for
1. Atrium Open - Even sound, no peaks and has deep sound stage. Wont say Wide like 800s but definitely deeper.
2. Verite Open - Faster but tonality is not as even as Atrium. Wider and slightly holographic sound signature out of good DAC and tube amp.

If you want to get away from ZMF then Arya and all will work well. However the tonality will take some time for you to get used to coming from ZMF.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #36 of 36
No. But, I use the ones I deemed the best for me based on reviews online.
I bought a few B-stock pads during last ZMF November because I was feeling left out. The differences weren't all that subtle. The Uni Suede are still my favorite, but the Uni Lamb and the OG Aeolus pads definitely add some thump. From reading I think the bopp filter mesh and cup revision (when they changed the default mesh) can make a difference as well. It might be worthwhile to write an email to ZMF for suggestions on possible pad or mesh tweaks to at least nudge them closer to the tuning you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back