Upgrade from Sony NWZ-A829. Owners are most welcome
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nofarewell

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All, 

I am interested in your opinion about upgrading my Sony NWZ-A829 to a similar but in a way better sounding DAP. The question is: which DAP this should be? The 829 has a very nice warm sound, not that analytical but quite an organic tone and a decent soundstage - of course not with the same level as modern high end daps but I am not sure if many of those can reproduce some of it's values. Don't forget, it is an mp3 player from almost 10 years ago without flac support. I need the same specs on steroids basically. Bigger, wider soundstage, same bass values (sony is famous for it's solutions on this matter - Clear Bass is a very sophisticated feature for example imho), bigger output as I am going to use some semi-closed 3 cm diaphragm headphones (32 to 60 Ohms), but the same audio qualities wanted. If you are a former or a present 829 owner and you have a dap which is more (or few) steps further from it with the same qualities which is nice with the 829, please react here - I'd rather go towards a warm analog - like sound solution as opposed to a "colder" analytical sound, the closer it can get to tape and vinyl, the better. Basically great soundstage, balanced freqs, musicality. I listen to everything from medieval gamba music to death metal.  
Thanks in advance! 
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back