Upgrade from iPod earbuds
Feb 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

somedumbgamer

New Head-Fier
Now I know some of you may be thinking "anything is better than iPod earbuds!", but there are just so many earbuds and IEMs and such that I have no idea where to begin looking
confused_face(1).gif

I don't need the best possible sound quality in the universe; I just want some affordable, decent portable headphones. I'm currently eyeing the Sennheiser CX300s, which are only $30 on Amazon.

Comments? Suggestions?

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 26
take caution when buying cx300's. there's a lot of fakes out there.

There's so many choices.. it's not even funny. So i'll recommend the phones that i listened to.

Try to get the jvc cushions or the marshmallows. They sound decent for the price.

If you add 20 more dollars. I would for the the RE2's on head-direct. Superb quality and a crazy deal for what your paying for. Also comes with an amp for free to overcome it's lack of bass (which i don't even notice)

If you like a fun set of headphones and like bass at the same price of the RE2's. get the nuforce Ne-7m's

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 26
Get the Yuin PK3, they're around $40 and pretty decent quality for earbuds at the price

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would for the the RE2's on head-direct. Superb quality and a crazy deal for what your paying for. Also comes with an amp for free to overcome it's lack of bass (which i don't even notice)

Head-direct doesn't seem to say that RE2's come with an amp ?

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by praguewatermelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-direct doesn't seem to say that RE2's come with an amp ?

Having my little bro A/B the RE2 + Fiio E5 amp vs. the Nuforce NE-7M, he preferred the NE-7M's.

Nuforce NE-7M very good option.

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #11 of 26
if you are looking for earbuds(like the ipod's) and not in ear phones(the kind that plug into your ear) than its no doubt that you should get the yuin pk2 earphones. i just got mine today and they are AMAZING!!. i already got the pk1 but i realised that i dont wanna carry an amp with me on the go, so i decided to get the pk2 to listen straight from the ipod. the best earphones you can get,unless you dont mind to carry a portable amp with you, in that case the pk1 are your best choice. but anyway, for earbuds...i'd recommend,stay with the yuin family .
good luck mate!
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #12 of 26
Hi,

Can anyone who has the Nuforce NE-7M's tell me if the built-in mic works with the iPod Touch 2g? I know you can download voice recording apps and voip apps and it would be nice to know if the mic that's part of the NE-7M's work with these also?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #13 of 26
First - Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet...

One way to answer that question is with a question - does the standard Apple phones + mic that works with the iPhone also work with the Touch? If it does, then the NE-7M will probably also work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocwhen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Can anyone who has the Nuforce NE-7M's tell me if the built-in mic works with the iPod Touch 2g? I know you can download voice recording apps and voip apps and it would be nice to know if the mic that's part of the NE-7M's work with these also?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #14 of 26
Try the Yuin PK3. On sale for $40 right now, and is considered to be "bassier" than the Yuin PK2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back