Upgrade from Hifiman RE272
Aug 15, 2013 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

qilto

New Head-Fier
Once again, I'm feeling that urge to hunt down a better IEM than what I currently have. I love the sound of the RE272, but sometimes I really wish there was more sub-bass and general oomph in the lower end. I recently tried out the T-Peos H-200, which has great bass but just didn't sound as natural as the Hifimans. I'm looking for something analytical like the RE272, but with better but not overpowering bass, and maybe slightly more texture in the mids. Sometimes the RE272 mids feel too smooth. The things I like most about the RE272 are its clarity, dynamics, timbre, and soundstage. I'd like to spend less than $400 (if such a thing is possible). Thanks!

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Once again, I'm feeling that urge to hunt down a better IEM than what I currently have. I love the sound of the RE272, but sometimes I really wish there was more sub-bass and general oomph in the lower end. I recently tried out the T-Peos H-200, which has great bass but just didn't sound as natural as the Hifimans. I'm looking for something analytical like the RE272, but with better but not overpowering bass, and maybe slightly more texture in the mids. Sometimes the RE272 mids feel too smooth. The things I like most about the RE272 are its clarity, dynamics, timbre, and soundstage. I'd like to spend less than $400 (if such a thing is possible). Thanks!

In my experience, the only thing better than the RE272 is the Westone 4. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back