Upgrade from grado sr80i
Sep 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Starset

New Head-Fier
So I have had my sr80's for about one year and I have absolutely loved them. The problem is I need something closed back and at least semi portable (over or on ear I have no preference). My budget is about 200$. I would be driving them off of my iPod touch 5g. I listen to everything from black metal to new age but mainly alternative/indie rock. My favorite bands are the smiths, the shins, the national, tame impala, and the strokes. I don't really care a lot about the size of the soundstage: I just want my music to be as detailed as possible. I am currently taking a sound engineering and production class so I would be using my headphones for the class as well as for my music. I have looked at the akg k550s but I am worried that they might be a bit to bulky and the cord is pretty long to be taking them anywhere. I have also thought about the ath-esw9 but I am worried that the will be to lite on the treble. My grados have a bit to much treble sometimes but just a little bit not a lot. I know people have probably asked stuff just like this before, but I did look and had trouble finding what I needed. Thanks

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I had also looked at the sony mdr 1r and so far I don't really see a reason not to buy it other than the fact that the mdr 10r is coming out this October but there isn't a whole lot of info on it yet. Both models have detachable cables which is super nice. If anyone has any insight on which headphones I should buy I would really appreciate it.

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 6
I was already going to go to guitar center next week to look at a guitar. I'll I have to check out the headphones while I'm there. I have seen some pretty good cans there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back