Upgrade from GR07 BE
Jan 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Strauss95

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my GR07 BE's. I really like their sound signature, overall a wonderful sounding IEM. What I'm looking for is an IEM under $300 that would be considered an upgrade from what I currently have. Something that sounds similar but with a bit stronger sub bass. I purchased a pair of IE80's looking for that but found their deep sub bass wasn't what I was expecting. They definitely have more mid bass than my GR07's, but I'm looking more towards the low extension.

Currentry I'm looking at the Dunu DN-1000 and JVC FX850. Do you think they will give me what I'm looking for? I plan on keeping my 07's, just looking for another set to pair with them.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm looking to upgrade from my GR07 BE's. I really like their sound signature, overall a wonderful sounding IEM. What I'm looking for is an IEM under $300 that would be considered an upgrade from what I currently have. Something that sounds similar but with a bit stronger sub bass. I purchased a pair of IE80's looking for that but found their deep sub bass wasn't what I was expecting. They definitely have more mid bass than my GR07's, but I'm looking more towards the low extension.

Currentry I'm looking at the Dunu DN-1000 and JVC FX850. Do you think they will give me what I'm looking for? I plan on keeping my 07's, just looking for another set to pair with them.

ATH-CKR10 is another I'd suggest. Sounds like it'd be right up your alley.  

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the suggestion. The GR07 BE would be absolutely perfect for me if it just had a bit more bass quantity. I love it's vocal presentation, it's crisp and defined treble, and how deep the bass will rumble. They also have a decent soundstage for an IEM. Thats the one thing my IE80's do better, they have a larger soundstage. Otherwise, I like everything else better on the GR07 BE. 

So I'm looking for an IEM without recessed vocal presentation, crisp highs, and a strong low bass rumble. Not looking for strong mid bass as I already have that with the IE80's. Here is a list of IEM's I've considered....

Yamaha EPH-100
Dunu DN-1000
JVC FX850
Fidue A83

I'll mainly be listening to EDM music with these IEM's, with some occasional hip-hop thrown in as well. Lots of trap and dubstep, which is why I'm looking for strong deep bass. Like below 50hz. I just don't want to make the same mistake I did with the IE80's. They are good IEM's, but I didn't see them as an upgrade to my GR07's. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 6
I'd say Dunu DN1000 suits your criteria better than Fidue A83. The Dunu offers you deeper bass while the Fidue offers you more neutral bass quantity.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 6
Yamaha EPH-100 are nice, I really enjoy them but ain't no full upgrade from GR07. Like above mentioned, A83 hasn't got the bass you want. (but certainly the mids) Scratch off the Fidue, Yamaha and focus on researching the Dunu and JVC.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks guys for the input, exactly what I needed to hear. Open for more opinions from others, but the A83 and EPH-100's are off the list. Now it's boiling down to the Dunu DN-1000 or JVC FX850. Unless of course there are other IEM's I should be looking at under $300 that suit my needs better than the two mentioned.

I had also considered the Atrio MG7 since they are supposed to have amazing bass for an IEM, but I feel they will be lacking in other areas that the GR07 BE excels in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back