Upgrade from EarSonics SM3 v2 --->> high end ones
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm a little confused by your question; the SM3v2 is fairly high end for universals, so I'm going to assume you're only going to be looking at customs, although the $1300 AKG K3003 is presumably excellent as well, matches or betters the SQ delivered by the $1100 Final Audio FI-BA-SS, and provides tuning filters to better match your sound tastes.

For customs, if you're looking for a similar sound signature, I've heard that Earsonics' custom monitors tend to sound similar to their universals (well, I assume it's technically the other way around, in that their universals mimic their customs in SQ). Average_joe just finished a review of the EM4; they also have the EM3 and EM6.

If you're looking at the Miracle, you should also look at the original six-driver custom, the JH13Pro. I heard the demo a few days ago; it's great.

I recently also bought from Heir Audio, which will give you great craftsmanship, and is currently the buzz around town for customs here, as they're new, friendly, and very affordable. The 8.A is only $1099, I believe.

If you're looking for something proven by professionals, the UERM seems never to run out of praises.

It really depends on what your taste in sound is. The search bar is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back